Best Lcd Performance And Quality Wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonumittal

Broken In
HI
i wanna purchase a new LCD monitor. my budget is 8-10k. i want it for 3d games movies etc.......i play games for even 10 hours continuously ....so good graphics, good colors, fast refresh rate, long working ......since i work for more than 10 hours continuously so need best quality.........
plz suggest me firends........
also if you know tell me price and models of the LCDs........
i have heard abt the philips LCDs.......anybody having any idea........
some have told me that LG and Samsung are made in China so cheaper quality parts are being used.......so suggested me not to go for them.....
thanks......

You didn't mention the size... As you watching movies... it is better to buy around 20" LCD Monitor.

My current choice is 22" model

Dell SP2208WFP Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 17,200/-

You need to wait for couple of months to get the best quality within your budget.

You may get best quality within your budget in AOC models.

All the Best....

OP
S

sonumittal

Broken In
my size reuirement is 17-19".......

also soem body tell me which technology is better for lcd......
like VA(MVA,PVA), Thin Film, etc.....

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
^^^ +1 Dell's monitors are the best!!
Though AOC is also catching up in India... Gee an AOC for urself, its gud too...

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^I have a ViewSonic VA1912w myself. Despite average reviews, I find this monitor to be a pretty solid one. It performs above par in movies and games. Dunno why it is so under-rated. But above all, it does not beat the Dell one :).

OP
S

sonumittal

Broken In
+1 for Dell. Go for 198WFP or 1908WFP.

do you know abt philips.......

wats the price of these dell LCDs.......

is there any 17" LCD of dell also.......

can somebody tell me a LCD having high brightness >300 cd/m2, contrast ratio > 800:1,
response time < 8ms, size 17"-19", price 8-11k.........

plz suggest me.........

desibond your help needed......
earlier also you helped me while i went for a Dell lappy.........
thanks for that.......

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Dell 198WFP costs around 10k

1000:1 contrast ratio (not dynamic)
5ms response time
300cd/m2

Welcome dude.

Go for 19". The price difference between 17" and 19" is not much and 19" is much more enjoyable. I am using Dell 198WFP and would seriously recommend it. Heard that there are some problem with contrast for it's big brother 1908WFP. But this one's perfect and you won't regret the buy.

for 17", Dell 178WFP I think is available for 8k-9k

SInce you bought Dell lappy earlier, I think that you will have dell coupons and use them for a discount on the monitor.

OP
S

sonumittal

Broken In
SInce you bought Dell lappy earlier, I think that you will have dell coupons and use them for a discount on the monitor.
hey man...
how to get dell coupons......
i have purchased lappy but did not get coupons...
tell me how to get ?

btw philips gives 800:1 cr (typical) 8000:1 (dynamic)
5ms response time..
300 cd/m2 brightnes

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. I thought you already got the coupons. Anyways, Check with the person who did the laptop purchase transaction for you from Dell's side.

khushalvyas

Sinclair->Phenom (Solong)
viewsonic ad placed on this forum, Delhi Nehru Place, 22 inch for 10 k .. check out the specs seems neat to me

regards

OP
S

sonumittal

Broken In
do you know dell has LCD with 8ms response time as compared to others having 5ms response time like philips samsung etc.......

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hey all,

Which do u recommend from these 2:
1)Dell SE 198WFP
OR
2)ViewSonic VA1912wb

Which is better in performance??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
*accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-5629

All dell models have 5ms or 2ms response time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom