Best laptop below 40k

thegrinreaper

Broken In
My friend needs to buy a laptop.. Please recommend.

Note: under no circumstance is the price to exceed 40k

Priorities( in order importance)
1)AutoCAD, 3d modelling
2) gaming
3) ASS

Years to be used:
3-4 years ( future proofing essential)

Only brands to be considered:
Lenovo,hp,dell, Samsung.

Preferred laptop:
Hp g6 2312 ax

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
From the Brands mentioned by you, I would say Go for Dell or lenovo...I don't think that samsung laptops are that good to go for...Keep Dell in priority..Check out this link
Digit Top 10 Best Laptops in India | 2012 Notebook Features | Thinkdigit Top 10 Laptops

n3rd

In the zone
You won't get 'future proof' laptop <40K really. Especially gaming laptops. And future proof itself is a flawed notion.
HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
Seems to be your best choice.

*www.flipkart.com/asus-k53sm-sx010d...hr6jtgb?pid=COMD7VPKTSFNFZWM&affid=thrivinfor
If you don't mind Asus. Processor is marginally better and GPU is equally good if not better. Although AMD in general is supposed to handle games well too. Can't go wrong either way.

I don't think that samsung laptops are that good to go for...
Plenty of Samsung owners here might disagree with you there. Do people just say things for the sake of it?

Anyhow, don't see the point of your post at all - how is that being helpful to the OP?

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
You won't get 'future proof' laptop <40K really. Especially gaming laptops. And future proof itself is a flawed notion.
HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
Seems to be your best choice.

Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com
If you don't mind Asus. Processor is marginally better and GPU is equally good if not better. Although AMD in general is supposed to handle games well too. Can't go wrong either way.

Plenty of Samsung owners here might disagree with you there. Do people just say things for the sake of it?

Anyhow, don't see the point of your post at all - how is that being helpful to the OP?

Let the OP only decide that whether my post is useful or not..I posted my personal view on samsung laptops as I had a bad experience with them and that can be the case with anyone here.

n3rd

In the zone
Let the OP only decide that whether my post is useful or not..I posted my personal view on samsung laptops as I had a bad experience with them and that can be the case with anyone here.
No, that useful part was about you saying 'go for dell or lenovo' without specifying and almost all the lappys from the link you posted are 40K+, while OP clearly said that it should be <40K.

Which model was your Samsung laptop? What issue did you face - ASS?

OP
T

thegrinreaper

Broken In
From the Brands mentioned by you, I would say Go for Dell or lenovo...I don't think that samsung laptops are that good to go for...Keep Dell in priority..Check out this link
Digit Top 10 Best Laptops in India | 2012 Notebook Features | Thinkdigit Top 10 Laptops

Before making such statements please have some basis.(samsung service is nothing to worry about although dell ASS is better) I own a samsung laptop myself and it doesn't have any problem as of now.If it is baseless prejudice please save that for yourself.(Although Dell/Lenovo were the priority , none of them offer even a comparable config in the price range)

The HP-2313AX variant (2312 AX - with same specs but 4gb ram and with WIN 8) for 39k seems to be the best choice.

Although ASUS k53 looks like a good choice, it's lack of ASS for the Marginally extra performance ( which is again questionable) doesn't seem to be good trade-off.

Thank you for for the feedback :D.

Top Bottom