Best GPRS Service in Karnataka

noja

Bang! Bang!
Here is my experience of GPRS service by different service providers in Karnataka. [Please post your review of service provides in your city. Looking forward to New Delhi and Mumbai Users review]
I tried Tata Docomo, Idea and Airtel and here are the results.

Tata Docomo
Network= pathetic
Speed= ~10 Kbits/s average
Connectivity= very slow, disconects due to bad network coverage[signal strength]

Idea
Network= very good
Speed= ~64Kbits/s very good, comparable to the lowest speed broadband.
Connectivity = excellent, never disconnects even with low signal strength

Airtel
Network= Excelent
Speed= 1Kbits/s Pathetic
Connectivity= Pathetic, disconnects all the time even with full signal strength. Does not even re connect easily.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
Airtel
Network= Excelent
Speed= 1Kbits/s Pathetic
Connectivity= Pathetic, disconnects all the time even with full signal strength. Does not even re connect easily.

r u sure about the speed of airtel..?? 1Kbits/s is almost no connectivity..!!

OP
noja

noja

Bang! Bang!
Yeah keeps disconnecting. And very slow. Keep now that this is only for karnataka and not rest of india.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Idea Network= very good
Speed= ~64Kbits/s very good,
comparable to the lowest speed
broadband.
Connectivity = excellent, never
disconnects even with low signal strength

Speeds seem terribly high.
how is Vodafone there?

here in Assam Vodafones the fastest.

gives speed similar to Idea there.

Here Relaince is the slowest.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ m getting a voda soon. Reliance have no GPRS since 2 month (this is a special case) & with Airtel most of the day i can't visit forum.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ m getting a voda soon. Reliance
have no GPRS since 2 month (this is a
special case) & with Airtel most of the
day i can't visit forum.
m using this forum through Vodafone Live and Opera Mini 6 and you can see how cofortable I am to browse the forum[other than typing long posts in a non qwerty keypad]

just_asim

100% GENUINE
r u sure about the Airtel speed?
As I'm also in Karnataka ..and Airtel never gave me such a low speed...
Can you tell the package details for Idea?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
m using this forum through Vodafone Live and Opera Mini 6 and you can see how cofortable I am to browse the forum[other than typing long posts in a non qwerty keypad]

sorry, no Voda for me. Android market won't open on vodafone live. needs VMC which cost a lot. will stick to Airtel :-|

Last edited:
OP
noja

noja

Bang! Bang!
r u sure about the Airtel speed?
As I'm also in Karnataka ..and Airtel never gave me such a low speed...
Can you tell the package details for Idea?

I live in udupi district of karnataka. a friend of mine lives in dharwad and he gets very good speed on airtel there. seems like my area has a lot of 2g traffic.

just_asim

100% GENUINE
I live in udupi district of karnataka. a friend of mine lives in dharwad and he gets very good speed on airtel there. seems like my area has a lot of 2g traffic.

ya, that may be the case with you...
Can you tell me the package details..

OP
noja

noja

Bang! Bang!
rupee 98 plan on idea with daily usage limit of 100 mb for 30 days.
rupee 98 plan on airtel with 2gb monthly usage

rajeevk

Journeyman
Well I am also using Idea 98 GPRS prepaid plan in Patna but I had never got such a high speed. Max. speed I got is 10-11 kb/s. For mobile this speed is ok but for PC it is pathetic.

PraKs

Youngling
Karnataka may have highest number of GPRS users due to IT people.

If everyone will use GPRS, Any network will go down :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
PraKs said:
If everyone will use GPRS, Any network will go down
Here in Assam, Reliance probably has lowest number of GPRS users but still we get an amazing speed of 1 mb per day

Reliance is THE WORST in Assam. Nothing can beat it. I dont know how they manage to achieve this.

Dude, Airtel GPRS is what Is keeping me alive .

Here is the thing , I am new to Bangalore and i have no permanent place to settle down so in my friends laptop I use Airtel GPRS . I read a lot of forums and lots of footie websites and I use lots of internet.

Connectivity : If you have a 3G phone better select the network as 2G . Do that If you want good speed on the GPRS/ EDGE.

Signal : I get great coverage in both 2G and 3G.

Speed : I get 56-70 Kbps when I use it between 10am to 10 pm. At night I get around 118 Kbps ( Not download :p ).

Plan : 2GB 98/- . I End up finishing 1.8GB . I download occasional songs from Ares also .

What I use : I have Facebook always opened . I connect to Twitter using Tweetdeck which remains connected all the time . I use Skype also at the same time .

With these 3 open all the time I can surf one more website at decent speed but when you open 2 , It will start crying .

I have heared that Voda is also good here . I also have docomo as in my other phone which sucks to the core . Only good thing about that is 2p/1sec International Calling at 27 a month .

PS : With all due respect , Udipi district is not even half of Bangalore leave alone Karnataka .

123shree

Broken In

I too live in Udupi district of Karnataka and I am also facing the same problem with Airtel. Getting 2-3kB/s. Idea is better here...

Scorpion

Journeyman
am moving to bangalore next month, please suggest me a good network with
1)Good connectivity
2)Cheap STD call rates.

dont want to hijack this thread, but any suggestion?

Top Bottom