Best game to gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hello
I want to gift my friend a Game or 2(Depending on their price) on his birthday(28th). So I HAVE to order them from flipkart today (Or max. Tom evening). He just got a gaming PC and hes in NonMed +2. So I want to gift him a game which is not too addictive. I know its a funny question, how can a game be good AND not addictive?
What I mean is, like he already has Fifa 12(BIG fan of football) so he plays a 15 min. match twice or thrice a day and thats it. But if he starts playing an RPG game or FPS like Black OPS, or Res Evil etc, he wont be able to stop and(I bet lots of people know what Im trying to say) he may get tempted into playing ''Just 5 more min.s'' quite a lot of times.
So the game(s) should be good, have short missions and should be pause-able at any point in the game so that it can be started from the same point next time, instead having to repeat the whole mission again.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Alok

Adventurer
These may not justify with your conditions but imo a gift should be fascinating if you are able... And its a game then go for something that he likes.

His "gaming pc" isn't just a show peace.

Here are according to hierarchy-

1. Max Payne 3
2.Witcher 2 : Enhanced Edition
3. Crysis 2
4. Alan Wake
5. Batman Arkham City

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Hmm.There's no game as Such AFAIK that isnt addictive.its all about self control

These may not justify with your conditions but imo a gift should be fascinating if you are able... And its a game then go for something that he likes.

1. Max Payne 3
3. Crysis 2
4. Alan Wake
5. Batman Arkham City

Addictive :p.And some Ahem things might ;)
Well good games like yeah MP3 is good as kola says.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Not being able to stop playing a game really depends on his personal preference.

I think, you should gift him some racing games. Dirt 3, Shift 2 are very good racing games. But then again.. there are few open world racers like, Burnout Paradise and Driver San Francisco. But, I think open world games are more addictive and difficult to put down, as there is no menu navigation and selection process involved.

Or, If you want him to enjoy some short burst of fun, there are some great Indie games like Braid, Limbo, Plants Vs Zombies, Crayon Physics, etc. The only problem with these games are.. they are not available physically. You have to buy them via steam or should get yourself a HIB deal.

Alternatively give him games like Skyrim, Civlization V. He can save his progress at any point of time and pick it up whenever he wants.. but this is a tough bet.

Alok

Adventurer
And here are some that you can pause any time(leaving between a mission won't hurt )-

Street Fighter x Tekken , Sims 3 , GTA IV , Just Cause 2, Saint Row 3,

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

1. Max Payne 3
3. Crysis 2
4. Alan Wake
5. Batman Arkham City

I played those games like a maniac. AFAIK, lot of people whom I personally know played the same way. These are games that are very difficult to stop playing. :|

Alok

Adventurer
+1 to Indie games and racing

I played those games like a maniac. AFAIK, lot of people whom I personally know played the same way. These are games that are very difficult to stop playing. :|

thats why i given a notice. :-D but these are things really worth money.

abhidev

Human Spambot
yea BF3,MW3 are shorter games if you don't want your friend to be hooked up for a long time...else MP3 and Batman - AC are gr8 options

Batman : AC [12 hrs gameplay]

Braid [ Short and sweet]
Limbo [same as above]
World of Goo [ short....well..depends of his brain]
Bastion

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ +1. :D
Actually all depends on your friend. Gift him anygames(Be it Skyrim or bf3)It all depends on his self control.
Let him keep aside.30/1 hr gaming daily and maybe 2/3 hours on weekends :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
GTA IV(great singleplayer story one of the most epic ever)

Portal 1 or Portal 2

Virtua Tennis 4 best game to play once in a while,although not as addictive as above mentioned games :wink:

akkies_2000

Journeyman
Mafia 2 - awesome graphics, nice shooting and story
JC2 - awesome graphics, crazy fun
Bfbc2 or bf3 - bf3 if for multiplayer
Nfs hot pursuit - 2010
Alan wake - i've not started playing (waiting to buy a 3dtv before starting this :) but hear its really nice)

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman
Gift him a Half life 2 game.Its Sci-Fi Games with awesome graphics.
half life orange box
game can save at any point.

along with half life 2 he will get four more games:
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Team Fortress 2
Portal

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Thanks everyone for the help!
I went for Burnout Paradise (Racing game so race time/no. of laps can be changed to suit free time) and Batman Arkham Asylum (Short Gameplay and a great deal at flipkart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom