Best download manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildstyle

Broken In
The real word is out: FlashGet is the BEST one out there. It's not really that newbie-friendly, but it's got a lot of customisation options and if you know what you are doing, you can really suck every inch of your available bandwidth on this devil! I've also used DAP which is good but not that customisable and not that easy to use. For example, you cannot change the download acceleration speed while in the middle of a download.

Flashget rules, BUT GUYS -- beware of a leaked Flashget 1.65 Beta version that is doing the rounds on some warez sites. It's full of adware and browser hijackers which won't be removed no matter how updated your Spybot-S&D or Ad-aware is. Wait till an official version comes out.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well after reading all the posts by members i used the following D Ms .
1.getright.
2.fresh download.
3.download express.
4.leechget.
5.dap 7.2.

the only DM which cud come closer to flashget was download express.

so me thinks that flashget is the best DM available

Wildstyle

Broken In
Well, in spite of my support for Flashget (or whatever you all are supporting) we should remember this is a post discussing what we personally think is the BEST.

All the same, new developers and software should always be encouraged :)

imvikky

Right off the assembly line
I tried these

1) Go Zilla - outdated and bugged.
2) Leechget - good speed and is very easy.
3) Download Accelerator PLus 7.2 - It doesn't have good options like How many simultaneous threads.

imvikky

I tried these

1) Go Zilla - outdated and bugged.
2) Leechget - good speed and is very easy.
3) Download Accelerator PLus 7.2 - It doesn't have good options like How many simultaneous threads.

pankyprk

Broken In
Leechget doesnot show the real speed at which its getting the file !!!!

Leechget also doesnt show the real size of file curruntly completed !!!!!

it shows fake numbers to fool the user !!!!

it shows increased speed to to fool U !!

i'm not joking, its the FACT !!

mariner_5147

Broken In
I used all the DMs listed here and some more...but finally came to peace with FG...the only thing that i miss is the individual scheduler for each download....and regarding download frm warez sites, hav any one tried the DM bundled with Opera.
I use Opera for download with small files while surfing at the same time...it adjusts the download speed with surfing speed...with FG u can limit the bandwidth....but its not the most optimal option.

gsharad007

i use DAP 5.3.9.8

new versions of DAP suck. also wat sucks in all dap versions is that it makes seperate files of all its sections and then join them after it completes which takes really long for huge files. another thing i u cant change the number of simultaneous connection after u have started it.

wat i found better was flashget which makes one file from start and u can chnage the number of threads dynamically.

mariner_5147

Broken In
Here's a nightmare.....I was downloading a linux iso..some 700 Mb (that will be abt 700000+ KB) using get right...i dont remember the version....well my avg download speed is abt 3-4 Kb..so after abt 3 days of downloading, i was watching as it was just abt to end...but what the hell...on the last 1 kb, yes on the last kb of 700000, it shows me an error downloading (or file, i dont remember)and my whole download is gone....i was was mad like hell.....i unistalled it then only and loaded flashget which i am using till date and has never ever given me any problem.

vaidy9

I have tried several download managers.. and found STARDOWNLOADER the best.. no ads, no pop-ups and no spyware... DAP sends in too many cookies which Adaware detects. Stardownloader is blindingly fast and works on all sites including warez!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom