Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by revolver, Aug 12, 2004.
its 'lightning download' 4 me.
anyone with me??
I tried out many
1) Go Zilla - outdated and bugged
2) Flashget - popular but no that good
3) Leechget - very good speed and is very easy for a newbie. Every download starts with a wizard which searches for the fastest server using pings.
4) Get Right - The best downloader. It's very good. It has lots of features. A powerful feature packed downloader
5) Internet download manager : Sheer speed. Eady to use. Not much features though. It will not run for more than 30 days Even if u reinstalled without formatting hard disks
6) Download Accelerator PLus 7.2 - It downloads ads. It doesn't have good options like How many simultaneous threads. It wastes ur bandwidth
Result- best try Leechget or Getright (latest version from official sites)
You must have lost your mind!!
Flashget is the most popular and the best download utility out there!!
Ok, lets see if i will get what i want from this list
i want download manager with
1. multiple schedules to resume and stop for each of the downloads and
2. priority settings for each download
3. all normal features like simultaneous threads, max bandwidth control, recover from dropped internet connections, support proxy servers, and may be integration into browser
can i get all this in one go?
DAP is da best, though it's shareware. FreshDownload is also good and best of all, it's FREE ! U just need to get a free serial no. by registering at their site http://www.freshdevices.com.
DAP 7.2 is good. and u can get a crack/serial too
Got one myself !!
Since this is a discussion on Download Managers...
Getright - has all the standard downloading capabilites such as segment downloading and so on. Segment downloading is limited as it depends on mirrors. Cannot download from Chinese sites such as ttdown or 9down. Defenitely cannot download from brturbo sites (I am assuming u guys know what brturbo is!). And also it crashes a lot if there are too many simultanious downloads.
DAP - buggy, shareware even with the crack cannot download from ttdown and brturbo.
Reget Deluxe - extremely good for http downloads. supports upto 100 segments for each download. FTP downloads work fine. Does not support segment downloading for FTP's unless u have mirrors. WIll not download always from ttdown and never from BRTURBO.
Flashget - As someone said it is the most popular download manager. Supports simultanious downloads, proxies( u can http proxies for both ftp and http), segment downloading. Has a limitation of 10 simultanious downloads which can be overcome using a small registry tweak I'll post that later). Works with ttdown and 9down links. Plus it is the only download manager which will work on brturbo. Other DL Managers needs certain steps to be done.
I think the rest are either too specific or not worthy of a mention here.
flashget rockz.... for real......
Reget is the best I've used till now. U can schedule downloads, there is a sit manager which takes care of all the download in that week & that month, There is also a FTP browser. Reget makes use of full bandwidth. So, ReGet is the best...
DAP for me , but not the 7.2 version. Like the old 1, got the serial frm a site (crack) and has no ads, ya its v 5.3.
Works well and is a slim mean downloading machine, no probs with any downloads
i agree with icecollz!
all download managers fail on warez site!
One more vote for Flashget. Tried them all, flashget comes out on top every single time. Flashget users, leech away
Fresh Download Fresh Download Fresh Download Fresh Download Fresh Download Fresh Download Fresh Download Fresh Download...................
Reget for me, all the way (- wget on linux).
Reget has all the features of flashget too - the one real thing why flashget is popular is that of the "referrer" function - which reget has.
Reget's referer feature doesnt work. Also regets ftp explorer isnt nearly as good as flashgets. And once again if ur behind a proxy (HTTP) regets http proxy supports both ftp and http....regets doesnt work always....tried and tested...
To each, his own favourites. Anyways, thanks for the feedback about reget - now lemme see if its true....... D just kidding)
Separate names with a comma.