Best download manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdoc

Broken In
tried idm,flashget,and leechget.for sheer speed nothing beats idm.then comes leechget and flashget.overall i think its leechget the best.and i think for dialup users speed is more impt.idm/leechget-its free too .grreat dn manager

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
hey guys ...
im facing a bit of problem with flashget ...

i use mozilla firefox 0.9.2 and flashget 1.6 ..

the problem is that the downloads dont start with flashget ..
i have 'downloadwith' installed ..
but still .. when i click on a download link only the flashget window opens .. but new download window doesnt show up.

this problem wasnt there a few months back ..
it showed up only when i recently installed my winxp again

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hmm..

No one here knows about Stardownloader ?

I always prefer its free virsion to use in windows.. so no piracy !!

in linux !! d4x works good, there are other many. .

ujjwal

Padawan
I agree with that a little, but its not extremely complex, just overwhelming for those familiar with DAP etc. But its the best :D

Ashis

In the zone
MetaProduct Mass Express!!! 8)
I tried a lot but this one is small, simple & smooth. :p
First try it & then Comment. :twisted:
*www.metaproducts.com/download/desetup.exe

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
mariner said:
icecoolz still awaiting for that registry tweak of urs for flashget

1) Changes the Max no of jobs to 100. Just copy paste the info below into notepad or something and save it as a reg file. Double click it and it will enter the into into the registry:

Code:
REGEDIT4[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JetCar\JetCar\General]"Max Parallel Num"="100""MaxSimJobs"="100"

2) Changes the timeout to 6000 seconds :

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JetCar\JetCar\Connection]"CT"=dword:0000ea60"DT"=dword:0000ea60

Let me know if this helps!

rajivfire

Right off the assembly line
i use flashget it's the best. dap is good but lot's of ads,(do u really want them).one thing i hav heard that flashget must not be used without a spysweeper.

DKant

In the zone
Flashget rox! But I recently did a full format and 98SE reinstall + IE6. I then installed Flashget 1.6a from one of the Digit CD's. Now, each time Flashget starts up, it closes immediately, saying it caused some invalid page fault. D'load then resumes with the default IE downloader. :mad: I then installed DAP, but it slows down the d'load by a factor of 2 or atleast 1.5, due2 all those ads.

slugger

Banned
i've been using DAP 4 almost 3-4 yrs and it works absolutely fine 4 me. As 4 the ads,u can delete them from the folder they download 2. Deleting stff doesn't tke much time or effort

pankyprk

Broken In
my vote goes to FLASHGET, nothing can beat, strong contender,

me using frm last 2+ yrs !!

no bugs, nothing,

sturdy !!

i cant find any minus points abt it to state here .......

trying hard to find any .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom