are unknown to me [like ISO(i dont
know what is that),Sensor, shutter
speed, etc..]
Please guide me through this..
Thanks in advance!!

kaz

right here
Nikon S6500 is an option

Also if you could tell your requirements it would be easy to help....Like what would you be sooting more, how much zoom you want, manual or only automatic controls required etc etc

Last edited:
OP
K

Krishna

Broken In
Thanks for replying kaz,
its main use will be shooting in low light, sceneries, panoramas(optional) etc.
and regarding zoom, it may be 16x or 32x. But full HD video recording is a must..

Another thing i wanted to know that is canon ixus 255HS any good?
Please reply ASAP

kaz

right here
Thanks for replying kaz,
its main use will be shooting in low light, sceneries, panoramas(optional) etc.
and regarding zoom, it may be 16x or 32x. But full HD video recording is a must..

Another thing i wanted to know that is canon ixus 255HS any good?
Please reply ASAP

255HS is a good camera indeed....
Its not available online maybe you should look in local stores :)

- - - Updated - - -

And optical zoom is only 10x in IXUS 255 HS....

Last edited:
OP
K

Krishna

Broken In
thanks for replying once again.
i went to local stores in bangalore today but i couldnt find ixus255/265 anywhere.. but instead i got
two others models that i shortlisted earlier i.e. nikon s6500 and sony dscwx-80..
now i am confused between these two.. so please tell me which one of these two would be better and value for money
thanks once again
.!!

kaz

right here
Both are almost the same...Some difference though:
S6500 has a bigger and better screen 3" vs 2.7", more zoom 12x vs 8x
But WX80 on the other hand is slimmer, lighter and has more battery life 240shots vs 150shots...

I think S6500 is a better camera and Image Quality is better in low light as well

Shenoi

New to this forum
Before buying a digital camera, doing a basic research is essential. There are some great review websites around that give expert and user reviews on every camera in the market.

For 10k, you will not get a quality one. Checkout the best retailers providing discounts and offers for the product you are going to buy. One way to save yourself some cash is with the accessories. If you have accessories of your previous digital cameras that are compatible with your new one, you can use it.

One month before, I have relocated from mumbai to hyderabad. I'm really new to that city. I was in need of purchasing home appliances and other stuffs for my home. I browsed google and found this online shopping site in hyderabad.

ssb1551

Technomancer
thanks for replying once again.
i went to local stores in bangalore today but i couldnt find ixus255/265 anywhere.. but instead i got
two others models that i shortlisted earlier i.e. nikon s6500 and sony dscwx-80..
now i am confused between these two.. so please tell me which one of these two would be better and value for money
thanks once again
.!!

If you are ok with online purchase then you can get IXUS 265HS at Amazon:
Buy Canon IXUS 265 HS 16 MP Point and Shoot (Black) with 12x Optical Zoom Online at Low Price in India | Canon Camera Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in

This camera is also on my wishlist too :D

AcceleratorX

Youngling
My recommendation, balancing a good, sharp lens with good zoom and reasonable image quality (don't expect miracles), go for the Olympus SZ-14, or Samsung ST200F/WB30F. These will provide a good balance of features vs. image quality for the price range. Nikon S6500 is a good option and has a CMOS sensor as compared to the other 2 cameras I have mentioned, but the other two have nifty features (Samsung) and a better lens (Olympus).

P.S. The Olympus SZ-14 model allows you to take microscopic shots (for real) . If you ever enjoyed looking at cheek cells in biology lab, here's your second chance to do it! See the review below:

Budget Camera Review - it's not what you spend, it's what you buy.

The tele macro abilities of the SZ-14 / SZ-12 cameras make super macros irrelevant and it is well known in professional photography that a true macro lens does not need to be within an inch of a subject to bring it in close, a good macro lens will allow you to photograph a tiny subject from a distance which will allow you to keep light on your subject. However, this level of detail - the ability to photograph living cells and micro organisms from feet away is something not seen before in a consumer level camera.

I am unaware of any other camera in this price range that will allow such capabilities. That alone should give this camera an edge over others.

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
What I meant was Panasonic lumix tz25 & the most popular bridge camera Panasonic lumix fz150 share same sensor.

Tz 25 is very good camera for the price of 8950.

Top Bottom