Best desktop speakers @ Rs 5000-6000

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
My 2 year old Altec Lancing Vs4121 gave up on me and so now i am looking for new set of speakers . There are many threads created for this issue but i couldnt get a proper answer .
First of all i should feel an upgrade over my Vs4121 . My priority is music > movies > gaming .
At this price point on searching on net i found Logitech Z4 and Edifier c2 . I have no first hand experience regarding Z4 and regarding C2 will it be a step up from my previous vs4121 since few years back the c2 were selling for as cheap as 2.5k , one of my friend got them for just 2.7k . Also C2 total RMS is just 30w comparing to vs4121 31w if i am not mistaken .
My budget is mostly around 5000 but if it makes a significant difference then i can add another 1-1.5k max . Getting the speakers by this week itself so Please suggest guys !

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Logitech Z4 isn't released in India yet.
Altec Lansing VS4621 @3.8K
or
Logitech Z623 @7.9K (If you can increase your budget)

Corsair Corsair SP2200 @5K also looks good.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Z4 is mentioned in some of the sites like infibeam etc , i still have to check . Vs4621 is not good , 2 years back i had first purchased them but replaced them to get vs4121 within 2 days !
How is Corsair sp2200 in terms of music quality , i have heard they are good for gaming only ? I can increase my budget to a max 7k last .

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Got a demo of C2 at reliance digital today . Not that much difference between my old vs4121 and c2 . C2 has good treble but the bass of vs4121 is better . For 4.5k c2 is not justified considering i had purchased vs4121 for just Rs2650 .
Got some options from my dealer , logitech z523 @Rs 5000 , Sony d8 Rs 4000 , corsair SP2200 for Rs 4850 and Z623 Rs8550 . For music i am not impressed with either of them except z623 but that is over my budget , i guess i will have to up my budget . Primeabgb mentions Z623 for Rs7900 , is it including taxes also can anyone find a better deal for Z623 elsewhere ?
Also found out that my vs4121 are still working , it was the problem of a broken wire , anyway i have decided to upgrade and will sell the vs4121 after purchasing new speakers .

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Get Z623 eyes closed. You won't get it below 7900 (if its including taxes). It was available minimum for 7300 @ letsbuy, but that's history.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Ordered Z623 today :) Primeabgb had mentioned it for lowest @Rs7900 but when i phoned them they said it wasnt available in stock . So asked my local dealer to get them for Rs8400 ! My initial budget was 5k which sadly i had to increase by another 3.5k , but no regrets , i will recieve the speakers by evening .

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
you should have gone for the Swans M10 at this budget, Swans M10 has way superior clarity.

I considered them but they are not available anywhere atleast in mumabi . All indian websites that mention them , if you call them they will tell you that the speakers are not available in their stock !

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
I considered them but they are not available anywhere atleast in mumabi . All indian websites that mention them , if you call them they will tell you that the speakers are not available in their stock !

what??:confused:

Which Indian website you looked at? and who did you call to?

Swans speakers are available only at hifinage

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
what??:confused:

Which Indian website you looked at? and who did you call to?

Swans speakers are available only at hifinage
Yup i called the customer service at Hifinage and they only have one m10 available which also has a dent on the woofer and still they are asking 8k for that ! I remember some months ago the cost of m10 was as low as 5k !

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
some months ago??? I guess you have some mis-understanding.

HiFiNage has introduced these speakers @Rs. approx. INR6.5k IIRC. These speakers was never available at 5k.

I purchased Brainwavz M2 for Rs. 2.5k from pristinenote and now it is available at Rs. 3.2k so prices has increased because of the increased USD value and depreciation of INR.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Got the speakers :)
Here you go , the softdog wasn't free !*img259.imageshack.us/img259/97/img074i.jpg

After testing for 30 mins i can say that they are better for movies then music but i am not regretting , if only the price had been a little less .

Top Bottom