5) Tune Up Utilities 2009
6) system mechanic

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
1. Sucks
2. Haven't used it
3. The best by far! Use it every week on 3 computers
4. Pretty good interface but is slower and less optimized than JKDefrag
5. TuneUp is good for setting custom boot screens and icons, not for defragmentation
6. System Mechanic was good back in the days of 98 and Me. It's way too bloated now.

Doomsday

Broken In
Best defragmentation tool ever is Diskeeper 2009 Professional edition (or Propremier if you can afford it). It has features lacking in most other defraggers like multiple drive defrag, system files defrag, low space defrag, low resource footprint etc. I like the automatic mode best of all: set once and never have to defrag Windows again. I have currently amassed about 2+ TB of drives in my system and Diskeeper takes care of all of them nicely in the background. :D

Diskeeper co-wrote the API for Win NT defrag with MS, and all other defraggers use it...they were into the defrag game right from the beginning.

aura

Sync dreams to reality
The inbuild defrag tool that comes with Vista or XP is very dependable but still if you are searching for other defrag utilities I would suggest you to use Tune Up Defrag Utility which is really good to use and preforms proper defragmentation.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
PerfectDisk from Raxco Software - I've tried everything on your list, but not the auslogic thingy. And Diskeeper is utterly worthless!

Doomsday

Broken In
Here we go again...hehehehe
Perfectdisk is slow and horrible, and dangerous. You spend more time defragging with it than ultimately getting any benefit from it. :D

Stick to Diskeeper; it's the best- especially the 2009 Pro version.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Well if you pay for yuour softwares you definitely would get a better deal out of it. I am using SmartDefrag and its pretty good. I'll give Auslogic a try as well and post my comments!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I feel Diskeeper is the best. It's paid one and doesn't put much load on HDD.

*www.diskeeper.com/

Microsoft Gold Certified partner :)

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
+1 for auslogics disk defrag ...it works like a charm.

And may I add a qualifier, use it from UBCD4WIN (it too is free). As you boot into a live windows environment from the CD your hard disk can be efficiently defragmented, especially the system drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom