Best CPU heatsink under Rs 3500

slashragnarok

In the zone
What's the best CPU air cooler under Rs 3500? It also must be available in India.

Must be compatible with LGA 775 and LGA 1155.

Thanks man. What do you think about Scythe coolers? Specifically the Scythe Mugen 2 and Scythe Yasya.

Both don't have LGA 1155 support.

Mugen 2 is better of the two Scythes.

However, comparing Hyper 212+ and Mugen 2, I'd say 212+ will be better.
1. It has both 775 and 1155 support. (Your requirements)
2. Hyper has slightly more max CFM.
3. Easier mounting. No hassles. :)
4. Smaller than Mugen 2, thus space issue is not a concern.

Only thing is Mugen 2 is less noisy at 26dB compared to 32dB of 212+.

Note: Most of polls and reviews have stated Mugen 2 to be slightly better performer than 212+, so if you are not mounting the cooler on an LGA 1155 system then go for Mugen 2, otherwise 212+ is the only option.

Last edited:
I thought lga 1156 and 1155 are the same as far as mounting coolers is concerned.

Oh... :oops: <--That says oops. :)

Ya they're same...

Still no sweat. Still Hyper 212+ is the most fine of all the lot I'd say. I'd rate Mugen 2 in second place.

I've just found that there is Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B ...that one has 1155 support listed. I guess they made this after SandyBridge came out.

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
By the way I want it to be compatible with both sockets cuz right now I'm on a 775 socket but after June I'll be moving on to a Sandy Bridge. And I am looking to overclock the SB. So I need a heatsink that can deal with the OC as well. Maybe 4.7-4.9 GHz if my proccy can do it.

By the way I want it to be compatible with both sockets cuz right now I'm on a 775 socket but after June I'll be moving on to a Sandy Bridge. And I am looking to overclock the SB. So I need a heatsink that can deal with the OC as well. Maybe 4.7-4.9 GHz if my proccy can do it.

5GHz?? Then you need Noctua atleast.

However, you can do 4GHz or slightly more with Hyper 212+ I guess.

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
Thanks and one last question. If budget was no issue then which AIR COOLER would you suggest. No liquid cooling please.

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
At lynx india megahalems are just Rs 3333 + shipping. :shock:

But no fans included :sad:

Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler - [ Preorder ] ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

At lynx india megahalems are just Rs 3333 + shipping. :shock:

But no fans included :sad:

Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler - [ Preorder ] ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

Yeah that's the problem in India. :(

Anyway, you have your choices now. Mugen 2 or Hyper 212+.
Or else if you want to spend more money, Noctua NH-D14 or Thermalright Venomous X are your choices.

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
Venomous X looks good. Probably will allow RAM coolers too. Hope it doesnt block the first PCI x16 on the ASUS p8p67 pro. Whats its cost?

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
^^ Right now an extremely faltu cabby that was bought during my noob years. Tried to save money on the Cab+PSU. Looking to buy a NZXT Tempest Evo.

How much does the Thermalright Silver Arrow cost? And what'll be the cost of two 120 mm fans?

Krow

Crowman
You may check out the good ol' TRUE 120. Fantastic cooler, can be bought for ~2.8k. TRUE 120 Black should be 3k. Buy a couple of good fans and push pull it. Total cost will exceed 3.5k then.

See if you can buy these fans: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/138825-pair-delta-afb1212hhe.html

They are noisy, but very good coolers. :)

In case you want a push pull setup out of the box, go here: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 @ Rs. 3750
Noctua Products | CPU Coolers | Fans @ Best Prices - Its Here!!

The TRUE corrodes in high humidity environments. The Noctua does not. Awesome build quality for the Noctua and it beats the TRUE. My recommendation is the Noctua above.

d3p

PowerHouse
Noctua's are better & efficient, go with it.

IMO Corsair H50 is not a bad option too.

Cost 3.9k in theitwares, but its cheap in local stores.

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series CWCH50-1 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler - TheITWares

Top Bottom