Best CPU Cooler under 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Nithu

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
^ Yes, I'm using the latest nVidia drivers.

No. I didn't reseat my CPU HSF.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^ Yes, I'm using the latest nVidia drivers.

No. I didn't reseat my CPU HSF.

Then please do.

1. Use a good TIM
2. Clean both contact surfaces with isopropyl alcohol
3. Clean the HSF -- removing all dust residue.

OP
Nithu

Nithu

Then please do.

1. Use a good TIM
2. Clean both contact surfaces with isopropyl alcohol
3. Clean the HSF -- removing all dust residue.

OK, I'll do that.
So i don't need to buy new CPU Cooler?..

Krow

Crowman
Personally, I do not like it. But if you do the above mentioned things and your temps are fine, then its good as it is doing the job. Else, you may just have to buy the cooler. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
First reseat your stock HSF as the procedure mentioned...and tell us the temperatures.

Then we can suggest. Personally I also do not like them -- but I OC.

OP
Nithu

Nithu

@Techalomaniac, @asigh and @ALL..

Thanx guys......
Now i don't have TIM....But when i get one I'll post ma temps...

aytus

The Boss
Hi, can we know if those temps are idle temps or temps after load? 80 degree on load is not something i,d be comfortable with. And afaik throttling starts much before tjmax ,, not too sure bout that tho.

And as for the suggestion for a aftermarket hsf . i think you should go with the Cooler master HYPER 212 PLUS its a newer ver. of hyper 212 and suits ur budget at around 1800 rupees...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi, can we know if those temps are idle temps or temps after load? 80 degree on load is not something i,d be comfortable with. And afaik throttling starts much before tjmax ,, not too sure bout that tho.

And as for the suggestion for a aftermarket hsf . i think you should go with the Cooler master HYPER 212 PLUS its a newer ver. of hyper 212 and suits ur budget at around 1800 rupees...

You can know the temperatures, because the stressing application tells so, if its putting load or idling the CPU. (Example RealTemp+Prime95)

It is a standard specificiation -- throttling to start at TjMax. What is the definition of 'much before'. If throttling would start 'much' before Tjmax then most Intel CPUs would be throttling more than spinning at the highest frequencies...!

Hyper 212 Plus:
I had the choice to buy this too, but did not go for it. It has a basic design flaw. The copper pipes are made to make direct contact with the CPU. But due to this, there are gaps in the overall surface. So the overall HSF surface is not in contact with the CPU block. Though that area can be filled with TIM.

*img39.imageshack.us/img39/50/closeupsurfaceexplained.jpg

Though apart from this small trivial matter, this is a good HSF for the money.

royal

Padawan
Hyper 212 Plus:
I had the choice to buy this too, but did not go for it. It has a basic design flaw. The copper pipes are made to make direct contact with the CPU.

That is not a design flaw but rather an innovative design :smile:

Do some googling and you will find out why...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
That is not a design flaw but rather an innovative design :smile:

Do some googling and you will find out why...

yes it is. I meant the part where the copper pipes do not make direct contact with the CPU head.The innovation is the part that the copper piper are going to touch the CPU directly, but there will be gaps. That is what the design flaw is.

Of course I googled it a lot...!

:)

royal

Padawan
The innovation is the part that the copper piper are going to touch the CPU directly, but there will be gaps. That is what the design flaw is. :)

Had it been a conventional one, even then there would have been gaps...that is why TIMs are there ;-)

Offcourse this can be minimised to an extent with lapping but then it would still be there...anyways no offence meant by my opinion :smile:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Had it been a conventional one, even then there would have been gaps...that is why TIMs are there ;-)

Offcourse this can be minimised to an extent with lapping but then it would still be there...anyways no offence meant by my opinion :smile:

Absolutely no offense taken...! :)

Basically Coolermaster could have engineered the fabrication better, and kept the copper pipe and aluminum spacing (at the bottom) absolutely zero. Yes..as you mentioned, that space can be filled with TIM. I was not comfortable with too much TIM on my contact surfaces so never bought the Hyper 212+ version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom