Best College/Sports Indian Bike

Best College/Sports Indian Bike

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
IYO what is the best bike for college and sport riding among our Indian bikes?. You know for things like riding around the campus, zipping past others in the street, racing with others, some stunting & ofcourse taking ur girlfriend(if u hav one:grin:) out for a ride...

My choice would be the TVS Apache RTR 180. (white color)

*images.indiauto.in/images/A_2/3/8/9/79832/My_Apache_RTR_39f1e.JPG

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I am pretty happy with my TVS Flame SR125. Decent mileage, good looks and decent performance too. Suits me since, I am not a flashy kind of person.
For style, the new Karizma ZMR is great. Other than that it's an overkill for Indian roads IMO unless you take your bike on long travels on highway.
For substance, there's only one and only The Bullet. Nothing beats it at that. But it would not be a sport bike will it?
Apache RTR 180 is a fine bike too. But for style and if you have dough ZMR is irresistible.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
FZ although looks flashy, its too pricey for what it has. Apache RTR looks great and doing a great job, but while riding the road grip slightly slip out from normal.

I myself own a Pulsar 180 and i feel good as its perfect with road grip, good handling, superb pick up and decent mileage. So my vote goes for Pulsar.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Same here.. Pulsar 220.. superb handling, tubeless tyres, decent mileage, awesome pickup and killer price of 74k.. It is currently the most powerful Indian Bike. R15 is also awesome but don't go on long rides if you are above 5 feet 9 inches.. regarding Karizma, both of them are highly priced for what they offer.. ZMR has PGM-Fi but low power, 17.6 BHP whereas RTR 180 produces 17.3 BHP at a much lower price..

Rahim

Married!
Whats the point of owning a college bike when you cant be a driver of your rear passenger :D

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Same here.. Pulsar 220.. superb handling, tubeless tyres, decent mileage, awesome pickup and killer price of 74k.. It is currently the most powerful Indian Bike. R15 is also awesome but don't go on long rides if you are above 5 feet 9 inches.. regarding Karizma, both of them are highly priced for what they offer.. ZMR has PGM-Fi but low power, 17.6 BHP whereas RTR 180 produces 17.3 BHP at a much lower price..

Ya @ 74k...pulsar 220 is better than the R15. Strangely ZMR is my least favorite & has very few takers....Apache RTR 180 rocks though....i really love its exhaust note......a perfect hooligan:-o

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
So, RTR is your pick...:C_ironic:

I'd say to go for Pulsar, as for a sports bike handling is the main theme, where apache fails IMO. BTW If you are a hardcore driver who can handle that kinda stuff, then go for RTR. Otherwise stick with pulsar. This doesnt mean that RTR is bad, it means it is not suitable for me.(I rely on bike when it comes handling...:grin:)

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
^^
So, RTR is your pick...:C_ironic:

I'd say to go for Pulsar, as for a sports bike handling is the main theme, where apache fails IMO. BTW If you are a hardcore driver who can handle that kinda stuff, then go for RTR. Otherwise stick with pulsar. This doesnt mean that RTR is bad, it means it is not suitable for me.(I rely on bike when it comes handling...:grin:)

I see, i haven't ridden any Apache model......regular/rtr160/rtr180......even with the pulsar...i've ridden it very little(my friend's old p150 dts-i). I am speaking here only from what i've read in mags & websites......so my opinion is purely theoretical.....I currently drive my dad's suzuki fiero to my college.....while the engine is great, it sucks completely in handling.......and i know how a bad handling can ruin ur riding exp.....so from wat u've said I'll consider both the P180 & the 220.....over the RTR180.... :smile:

*iwanbanaran.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/bajajnew-pulsar-180-dtsi-2009-6-5-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

where is CBZ extreme..............

here it is.....THE CBZ XTREME........ :grin: :grin:

*bikeadvice.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/hero-honda-cbz-extreme-atft-1.jpg

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get Pulsar 220 if you want to buy.

I'm a Bullet fan though. I'd take my girlfriend out only on teh Bullet. Bullet would be mine in less than a year or so. ;) :cool:

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
FZ-S owner here... love my bike.. Currently the best handler.. if you need a bike for city use nothing beats the FZ..

FZ: Best braking/handling/looks/road grip/reliability/Decent torque for city use :)

but If you can pay 10k more I will suggest P220 :) really an awesome bike

I'm a Bullet fan though. I'd take my girlfriend out only on teh Bullet. Bullet would be mine in less than a year or so
Which one Machismo or Royal Enfield or Thunderbird ?? and 350 cc or 500 ? I am into Bullets too much but didnt had the luck to have 1 in my garage !

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Get Pulsar 220 if you want to buy.

I'm a Bullet fan though. I'd take my girlfriend out only on teh Bullet. Bullet would be mine in less than a year or so. ;) :cool:

Ya bullet is in an altogether different league..........

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

FZ-S owner here... love my bike.. Currently the best handler.. if you need a bike for city use nothing beats the FZ..

FZ: Best braking/handling/looks/road grip/reliability/Decent torque for city use :)

but If you can pay 10k more I will suggest P220 :) really an awesome bike

sure, FZ16 & FZ-S were currenlty the best naked bikes in our country.......

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
I don't understand why you guys like Pulsar so much, I sucks at Lap timings, and is good only on highways compared to most other bikes here. Do you guys know Apache is better in Acceleration than P220. And who need Top-speed when you riding into the Traffic.

According to me this is list in order (Performance+Handling):
Yamaha R15 (Liquid cooled Engine, FI, Awesome Handling, Refined)
TVS Apache RTR 180 (Awesome Handling, Good Pickup, sucks at top speed)
Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i (Reliability, Top speed, FI, scary at turns)
Hero Honda Karizma ZMR (Refined Engine, Handling, FI)
Yamaha FZ16(Refined Engine, Handling, front suspension sucks)

Looks:
Yamaha FZ16
Yamaha R15
TVS Apache RTR 180
Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i(one that looks like P200)
Hero Honda Karizma ZMR

Sarath

iDota
Youve skipped Honda CBR
skipping Ninja and Kyosung makes sense as they are too expensive.

My vote:
For short pepul: Yamaha R15 (absolutely splendid)

For the really tall: Karizma ZMR (which I own, I'm 6"1' :| and no other bike fits me but it is as nice ride and comfortable too)

Ultimate vote: Would be the CBR 250 (if you can afford it :/ damn!)

Although I own a ZMR I found the P220 more fun to ride due to the signature sound especially but feels a little uncomfortable in comparison or maybe an acclimatization problem. I like how the R15 is but being too tall for it, I cannot control the bike well and even had a "Stupid & unprovoked" fall.

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
Youve skipped Honda CBR
skipping Ninja and Kyosung makes sense as they are too expensive.

Honda CBR and Ninja are almost same in performance and should not be compared with these low end bikes (high end in Indian standards) above as they're totally different. Hyosung GT 650R is altogether in a different league and is par with Yamaha R6.

abhidev

Human Spambot
hows the new Hero bike...its like dirt bike...forgot the name...

ya got the name...Impulse....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom