Best Centre Of NIIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
ILPE ? Love those. My Halleday/Resnick/Walker fundamentals of physics whose price is in $$$ I got for a good bargain thanks to Indian Low Price Edition.

BTW you said it has C, C++ and Java all in it ???

Thats why i said it was costly ...... One language per book

The Complete Reference is a series of Books ... not a single book

it covers every programming language in many books like c,c++,java, perl , unix etc

Thats why i said it was costly ...... One language per book

The Complete Reference is a series of Books ... not a single book

it covers every programming language in many books like c,c++,java, perl , unix etc
ROFL.

I am sticking to Programming in C by Dennis Richie for Rs. 106 then.
My cousin doing MS in Algorithms @ IISc recommended it to me.

And Cplusplus.com for C++.

I will only buy the java book then.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
^^ Learning C doesnt require Ritchie at all.

Balguruswamy or Y.kanethkar does the job easily...not only marks but also concepts

Trust me...i programmed for 8051 uControllers in C(Hardware level) which i learnt from Kanethkar....even theres a good book on pointers by kanethkar.Ritchie is good but first read kanethkar then ritchie.

^^ Learning C doesnt require Ritchie at all.

Balguruswamy or Y.kanethkar does the job easily...not only marks but also concepts

Trust me...i programmed for 8051 uControllers in C(Hardware level) which i learnt from Kanethkar....even theres a good book on pointers by kanethkar.Ritchie is good but first read kanethkar then ritchie.

I have nt read Kanethkar .... but i would nt recommend Balagurusamy

i bought his c++ book .... vague explanations , badly structured (content wise) and sometimes the author himself gave a wrong explanation for some concepts

Well if you are comfy with Ritchie , u can go with that book ....

Why not Ritchie ? Whoever I have asked say the book is truly 1337.

Besides, I have experience in C actually. I was just 12 years old when I learnt it so I forgot it all by now.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I think K&R is best for learning C (the ritchie one :D). Kantekar Let Us C is simply not good enough. [void main? WTF!].
But then it's not a beginner's book but neither is C a beginner's language IMHO.

Hmm... let me see...

1. Core Python Programming Second Edition (CHM File)

2. Programming in C by Dennis Richie (paperback) Rs. 106/-

3. cplusplus.com (website)

4. The Complete Reference - Java 2

These are the sources I am going to use this summer break for all my studying up on the respective languages.

Are they good enough to give me a strong foundation on the respective languages ?

Hmm... let me see...

4. The Complete Reference - Java (not java 2 ! , for starters )

These are the sources I am going to use this summer break for all my studying up on the respective languages.

Are they good enough to give me a strong foundation on the respective languages ?

I dont know about the 3rd one , as i have never used that site .... the rest of them are good

and also think about signing up to c,c++,python forums/mailing lists .....u can clear your doubts and get help there

for example .... ubuntuforums.org moderators had been conducting classes for Python beginners over their IRC channel !any interested guys can join and its free .... i think they may conduct one more this year .... try and join such classes , such interactive learning will help u a lot ...

punit

Right off the assembly line
Hello frens...... m punit frm jalandhar(punjab)....... ne1 please tell me which vl be best centre for learning Java(core) in or around okhla........ earlier i thot bou Niit south ex but aftr reading dis thread m thinkin 2 change ma mind........

Crazykiller

Banned
Hmm... let me see...

4. The Complete Reference - Java 2

Ummm To be honest i know none of the above programming languages.........
I just know a little about VB and C++

And Why are you posting the price aong with Name of Book?

BTW Metal how do i get my account name changed??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom