Best camera phone @ < 10k

Atriya

Right off the assembly line
I'm looking to buy a phone for my father.

He needs to do two things on it - make calls, and take photographs.

He will be doing nothing else.

So, I don't care what OS the phone runs or which brand it is, and it's fine if the phone can't play music, can't install apps, and can't browse the web. However, the looks should befit an elderly gentleman (shouldn't have snazzy looks aimed at teens).

I'd be grateful if someone could suggest something that meets these requirements, with atleast a 5MP camera (8MP would be better), within a budget of 10k.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Check out the
Nokia C5
link: Flipkart.com: Nokia C5: Mobile

Sony Ericcson Hazel
link: Flipkart.com: Sony Ericsson Hazel: Mobile

SE xperia x10 mini pro
link: Flipkart.com: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro: Mobile

mukeshgupta

Broken In
I'm looking to buy a phone for my father.

He needs to do two things on it - make calls, and take photographs.

He will be doing nothing else.

So, I don't care what OS the phone runs or which brand it is, and it's fine if the phone can't play music, can't install apps, and can't browse the web. However, the looks should befit an elderly gentleman (shouldn't have snazzy looks aimed at teens).

I'd be grateful if someone could suggest something that meets these requirements, with atleast a 5MP camera (8MP would be better), within a budget of 10k.

Mate we are in the same boat. I think the Nokia C5-00 is the best bet. It comes with a 5 mp camera, simple old fashioned keypad - no touch screen and user friendly (as always with basic Nokia phones)

OP
A

Atriya

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the replies everyone. I went with the Sony Ericsson Elm. gsmarena.com reviews it to have a better camera than the Nokia C3, C5, C6. It's also the same camera that's on the Hazel. I considered the Xperia Mini Pro (which has better video quality), but I think the camera is actually better on the Elm + the Elm is over 2k cheaper, so I went with the Elm! I can still change my order though, so last minute suggestions are welcome!

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I have only one thing against the Elm, the infamous fast port and no 3.5mm jack. After prolonged usage it will become loose and difficult to connect the charger/headphone.

Top Bottom