Best camera/music phone under 18K and Best camera phone under 14K

mashac

Broken In
Hi guys, I need your advise in choosing two android phones. One for me and one for my sister.

Requirements for my phone:

My budget is 18K. I'm not a heavy gamer, so gaming performance is not that important. What I'm looking for is a phone with the best camera and best music playing quality(through IEM's) in this price range. Also the size must not exceed 5 inches. I prefer small phones, but anything up to 5 inch is tolerable. Sony Xperia SP, LG L90 dual, Huawei Honor 3C, Gionee Elife E7 Mini, E6, E5, Alcatel OneTouch Idol X+, Lava Iris 504q+, Lava Iris Pro 30, XOLO Q1100,Q1200 are some phones I short listed. Please suggest atleast 3 phones that'll be close to my requirements.

PS: Moto G is not considered because of the avg camera and No micro sd slot. Since my favorite music collection is about 22gb, I need a phone with expandable memory.

Requirements for my sister's phone:

Budget is 14K(can't go higher than this). Her only preference is the camera quality. She want's the best camera phone under 14k. Canvas 2 colors, Xolo Q1010i,Q1100,Q1200,Q800 X-Edition are some of the phones that are in my mind.

Any kind of advice is really helpful. Thank you.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
For yourself, get Xperia SP/LG L90 (Moto G's memory can be expanded using a Sandisk Dual USB drive) and for your sister, get LG L90. don't waste money on rebranded craps from Micromax/Lava/etc.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: fill this up *www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html

OP
M

mashac

Broken In
1. Budget?
18K & 14k(two phones)
2. Display type and size?
5 inch and lower(preferably lower)
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Any
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Any
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Best in the price range.Minimum 8MP,flash, autofocus, touch to focus and front facing camera.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Dual sim,3G, Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Music and Camera
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Sony Xperia SP, LG L90 dual, Huawei Honor 3C, Gionee Elife E6, E5, Alcatel OneTouch Idol X+, Lava Iris 504q+, Lava Iris Pro 30, XOLO Q1100,Q1200
12. Any other info that you want to share
Moto G or any other phone without a micro sd slot and good camera are not prefered.

123hero

In the zone
Hi guys, I need your advise in choosing two android phones. One for me and one for my sister.

Requirements for my phone:

My budget is 18K. I'm not a heavy gamer, so gaming performance is not that important. What I'm looking for is a phone with the best camera and best music playing quality(through IEM's) in this price range. Also the size must not exceed 5 inches. I prefer small phones, but anything up to 5 inch is tolerable. Sony Xperia SP, LG L90 dual, Huawei Honor 3C, Gionee Elife E7 Mini, E6, E5, Alcatel OneTouch Idol X+, Lava Iris 504q+, Lava Iris Pro 30, XOLO Q1100,Q1200 are some phones I short listed. Please suggest atleast 3 phones that'll be close to my requirements.

PS: Moto G is not considered because of the avg camera and No micro sd slot. Since my favorite music collection is about 22gb, I need a phone with expandable memory.

If u are comfortable using the Windows OS then u could also consider buying the Lumia 720.
PROS:
its camera is THE BEST in this range. 6.7 MP Carl Zeiss Lens with 1.9/f aperture.
Low light photography is great.
Excellent Battery life
Superb looks and build quality.
Dolby surround system. (through earphones)
It also comes pre installed with Nokia Mix Radio with a 1 year subscription free.....hence u can download as many tracks u want from it
An update to Windows 8.1 will soon be available by then end of this month.
CONS:
It records only 720p videos...No full HD or 2k , 4k videos
512 MB RAM may not allow u to play games like Temple Run etc. ( the OS runs super smooth though...)
Android playstore has a lot more games than Windows OS.
Earphones not that great....u can try SOUND MAGIC ES 18 as a primary earphone
I suggest u watch some reviews of the phone on YouTube, go to a store and check out this device.then only buy....
u could also try Sony Xperia C and Xperia SP which are similar in price range ....Gionee Elife E7 mini is also great though i cant comment on its after sales service

Last edited:
OP
M

mashac

Broken In
If u are comfortable using the Windows OS then u could also consider buying the Lumia 720.

CONS:
512 MB RAM may not allow u to play games like Temple Run etc. ( the OS runs super smooth though...)
I suggest u watch some reviews of the phone on YouTube, go to a store and check out this device.then only buy....
u could also try Sony Xperia C and Xperia SP which are similar in price range ....Gionee Elife E7 mini is also great though i cant comment on its after sales service

Thanks for the suggestion. My dislike for windows phone OS plus the features I high lighted are my problems with Lumia 720. For earphones I have Vsonic GR99 IEM. So earphones bundled with the phone is not a concern.

- - - Updated - - -

For 18.8k you can have Xperia ZR from Infibeam :)

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently my budget is 18K max. If there is no other proper phones under 18K, I'll look into Xperia ZR

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
PROS:
its camera is THE BEST in this range. 6.7 MP Carl Zeiss Lens with 1.9/f aperture.
Low light photography is great.
Excellent Battery life
Superb looks and build quality.
Dolby surround system. (through earphones)
It also comes pre installed with Nokia Mix Radio with a 1 year subscription free.....hence u can download as many tracks u want from it
An update to Windows 8.1 will soon be available by then end of this month.
CONS:

temple run is smooth, i own a 720 and temple run , temple run 2, gta sa and asphalt all run excellent on it
battery life is over a day easily
camera is top notch and out performs most other phones
major games are present on the store and all run great
build quality is the best in the range and depending on usage, op should get a stock android phone or a lumia 720(or even 820 if possible)
i can post videos and photos if you like

512mb ram isnt really a con for me so far(i also own a nexus 5 and a lumia 820 which have 2gb and 1gb ram respectively)
only 2% of the store apps need 1gb ram

- - - Updated - - -

ohh and im running the windows phone 8.1 developer preview on my 720

let me know if you have any questions regarding lumia 720,820,nexus 5 or moto E(have all 4 in front of me right now :D )

Minion

Conversation Architect
Get yourself Sony Xperia SP and Nokia Lumia 720 for your sister.

Last edited:
Top Bottom