Hi All... please suggest..
1. Budget?
>INR 25k
2. Display type and size?
above 4".. easy on eyes..
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
no preference
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Sony,Samsung,Nokia,HTC (no Iphones & 808 pureview(obviously it is the best camera phone!)
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Most important priority... Need best camera phone with all necessary features..
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android>W8>else
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
no preference
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
no preference... but document editors preferable
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
camera>pdf/ebook reading>music>browsing>
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Xperia S or P (are they the BEST camera phones?)
One S (worried about battery)
One X (but didn't like the white body color)
Galaxy S3 (Camera??? is it the best out there!!)

12. Any other info that you want to share
Best camera available today.. Decent battery to support a full day camera usage (as a stand-alone camera, if situation demands)... good display to read & easy on eyes...
Have been reading many reviews but couldn't finalize. Hoping here actual product users may help me with their experience & comparisons...
Thank u..

sharang_3

Journeyman
i'd say go for the Lumia 920..best low light photography. Beats every other android and is head to head with Iphone's camera (low light way better, daytime should beat iphone after a software patch)

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Sad you dont prefer Symbian :)
The best cameraphone out there is undoubtedly the Nokia Pureview 808

edit:
Just read no pureview..
then I guess it would be the Lumia 920.

Empirial

Youngling
1.Sony Xperia S/SL
2. Sony Xperia P
3. Samsung Galaxy S2
4. HTC One S
5. Motorola Razr XT910

Last edited:
OP
M

mksng

Right off the assembly line
i'd say go for the Lumia 920....... daytime photography should beat iphone after a software patch)
Hmm.. Don't know when Lumia 920 arrives in India & don't want to spend beyond the price of galaxy s3.. (upto 32K INR max). It would be a great deal if it costs less than 30K... But what do mean by software patch to improve day-light photography? & how sure you are that Sw patch is on the way & will improve the camera performance.. just curious...

sharang_3

Journeyman
Hmm.. Don't know when Lumia 920 arrives in India & don't want to spend beyond the price of galaxy s3.. (upto 32K INR max). It would be a great deal if it costs less than 30K... But what do mean by software patch to improve day-light photography? & how sure you are that Sw patch is on the way & will improve the camera performance.. just curious...
bcz according to the review on wpcentral.. the day light images aren't sharpened after clicking..it is a post processing thing handled by the software..and nokia has admitted it and would be bringing out an update to fix it soon enough..the night shots are the best though..(check out their review really nice)..anyhow lumia 920 is not coming to india before january:(

Hrishi

According to the question you have put forward : Nothing can beat Pureview 808 from Nokia. Beats the Sh*t out of most low end DSLrs and P&S cameras,
O/w Sony is launching a new phone is market having ~13MP camera based on Droid OS.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
If camera is the priority then lumia 920 has best sensor (sharing with 808 pureview) out today having optical image stabilization, Carl zeiss optics, better better low light processing algorithms than any other camera phone out there... Also wp market growing rapidly..

If u r prioritizing android over wp then many top notching phones are out there...

Xperia S => 12mp, Exmor R sensor works great.. Image Details are pleasure to watch.. Having trademark sweep n 3d sweep panorama pictures... Check out Sony xperia India fb page.. Many xperia s users have uploaded numerous pictures...

Xperia P => 8mp, shares same camera sensor, features and quality with Xperia S... But battery capacity is low.. Full day backup hard to get for heavy users... N i would not suggest this mid end phone as u r spending more than 25k..

Galaxy S3, One X => great image quality... Burst mode, also Have HDR => high Dynamic range feature which is not in xperia lineup AFAIK... Takes multi shots at various exposure values and combines them to create single best image... Also Dedicated image processing chip is there in one X..

IPhone 4s / 5 => obviously not starting android vs ios war.. It's personal choice... But as far as the camera is concerned, iPhones have one of the best sensors today... HDR available too..

if your are not worrying about OS then get 808 pureview straight away...:)

mrappbrain

Best cameraphone is undisputedly the samsung galaxy camera.Just google its reviews and youll see what i mean!

bhushan2k

Best cameraphone is undisputedly the samsung galaxy camera.Just google its reviews and youll see what i mean!

if u google for best camera..u will get 100 links for galaxy...similar for all of others like 920, 808, xperia, iphone...it's actually users' choices...n different manufactures have implemented different technologies n algorithms in their respective flagships..

mrappbrain

if u google for best camera..u will get 100 links for galaxy...similar for all of others like 920, 808, xperia, iphone...it's actually users' choices...n different manufactures have implemented different technologies n algorithms in their respective flagships..

Dude the galaxy cam is not a phone with a good cam.its a cam with a full touch display running android.

OP
M

mksng

Sad you dont prefer Symbian :)
The best cameraphone out there is undoubtedly the Nokia Pureview 808
edit:Just read no pureview..
then I guess it would be the Lumia 920.

If camera is the priority then lumia 920 has best sensor (sharing with 808 pureview) out today having optical image stabilization, Carl zeiss optics, better better low light processing algorithms than any other camera phone out there... Also wp market growing rapidly..
If u r prioritizing android over wp then many top notching phones are out there...

Xperia S => 12mp, Exmor R sensor works great.. Image Details are pleasure to watch.. Having trademark sweep n 3d sweep panorama pictures... Check out Sony xperia India fb page.. Many xperia s users have uploaded numerous pictures...

if your are not worrying about OS then get 808 pureview straight away...:)

Thanks to u alll...
And an Off-topic question! What happens if I go for Symbian OS & 808! This will be my first smartphone so obviously I don't know what I may be missing from Android or iOS world of apps & etc! But whats the real drawback I may face?
Btw.. the hump looks ugly on 808, which again directs me to bring Lumia 920 to the shortlist, which is simplistic & beautiful for me (but I've to feels its weight to see how comfy to handle & whether it will be cheaper than One X or S3 in India) but don't know when it arrives here :(

bhushan2k

If u get symbian, you will miss android market having numerous apps straight away... Plus strong android dev support.... If camera, multimedia n browsing are only priority then u don't have to worry about it... Symbian supports all basic n popular apps for basic needs... N if you are not interested in lotta customizations n tweakings n flashing rom n trying to change of the look of the phone then 808 pureview is good option.. Same applies with lumia 920 though windows phone market growing rapidly.. Fastest ever.. Soon will give strong competition to ios n android...

bhushan2k

Dude the galaxy cam is not a phone with a good cam.its a cam with a full touch display running android.

my bad..didin't realize u talking about galaxy cam...completely forgotten this phone...thought u saying cam of galaxy s3...lol...yup galaxy cam is best cam phone right now for sure...but it's bulky...optical lens is popped out...guess it's difficult to handle in one hand as a phone...

nikufellow

In the zone
IMO Nothing to think get 808 if camera is your priority - no other device nor even 920 can match 808 camera . The only thing 920 has to brag about is optical image stabilization but then again 920 will most probably be way out of your budget when it launches here !
Since this is the first time smartphone experience for you , there won't be anything that you will miss with symbian in fact there will be lot that you will gain! I don't recommend symbian to people coming from android or ios because they'll miss lots of apps but for a first time user it'll be absolutely wonderful experience .
The thing is symbian doesn't have tons of games/apps being released every month or so like other platforms but all basics are covered - there are excellent third party apps for Facebook , twitter , blogger etc if you are a social networking addict .
Personally i own a one x and the pureview photos makes it look like i kid hell even s3 takes better pictures than one x so i wouldn't recommend one x if camera is of prime importance to you ! Btw tell you what one x 's screen is absolutely gorgeous once you stare you won't look away !
My point is just do a bit of research before writing off 808 pureview as its un disputably the best camera phone out there ! And people saying symbian is this and that have only hear say so don't believe em all blindly ! - actually there is no symbian today - it was killed long ago what ships with Nokia smartphones these days is belle os and the belle feature pack 2,its newest iteration , which is what powers Nokia 808 pv is light years ahead of old symbian that people know and have seen.

Last edited:

bhushan2k

IMO Nothing to think get 808 if camera is your priority - no other device nor even 920 can match 808 camera . The only thing 920 has to brag about is optical image stabilization but then again 920 will most probably be way out of your budget when it launches here !
Since this is the first time smartphone experience for you , there won't be anything that you will miss with symbian in fact there will be lot that you will gain! I don't recommend symbian to people coming from android or ios because they'll miss lots of apps but for a first time user it'll be absolutely wonderful experience .
The thing is symbian doesn't have tons of games/apps being released every month or so like other platforms but all basics are covered - there are excellent third party apps for Facebook , twitter , blogger etc if you are a social networking addict .
Personally i own a one x and the pureview photos makes it look like i kid hell even s3 takes better pictures than one x so i wouldn't recommend one x if camera is of prime importance to you ! Btw tell you what one x 's screen is absolutely gorgeous once you stare you won't look away !
My point is just do a bit of research before writing off 808 pureview as its un disputably the best camera phone out there ! And people saying symbian is this and that have only hear say so don't believe em all blindly ! - actually there is no symbian today - it was killed long ago what ships with Nokia smartphones these days is belle os and the belle feature pack 2,its newest iteration , which is what powers Nokia 808 pv is light years ahead of old symbian that people know and have seen.

COMPLETELY :agreed:

belle os is way ahead than previous versions...supports lotta apps n covers all basic needs...n we should not forget...symbian is TRUE multitask os n not android which supports partially...it's just an app market n dev support that made android famous...

OP
M

mksng

your statements about 808 are very much reassuring nikufellow... It also costs <25k
But still I'm eagerly waiting for Lumia 920 to check the price & decide, I love that phone design..
As I said earlier I just hope it would cost below 34k

Top Bottom