Best Cam under 15-18k

krish_techie

Broken In
Hi Friends,

i'm looking for a good point and shoot cam under 15-18k(max). Can you please suggest me something that can take good pictures in low light especially night shots.If possible full HD (1080p)video recording too.

i'm not a professional photographer ..but still i want my photographs to be awesome :p .

Please suugest even if the cost is 20k.

Thanks in advance :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Good low light capable point and shoot???

Can you please little more specific about the camera you are looking for? Follow my the link my signature and fill in what you can understand...

there are a lot many cameras available in your specified budget and the requirements that you have mentioned. so please elaborate more on what kind of camera you want

OP
krish_techie

krish_techie

Broken In
Guys there is no particular requirements ...i need the best cam under in 15-20k range. I mostly use the cam for taking pictures in night at parties ... and some normal pics with friends ...which will be the best one for my purpose

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Get FZ60

+ It is widely available than SX240/260 and TZ30
+ It does have VF
+ Larger aperture
+ More zoom
+ Better video controls than TZ30 and SX260
+ Better flash reach
+ Better battery life

- No GPS
- No Touch
- Bulky and heavier
- 4 sec longest exposure

OP
krish_techie

krish_techie

Broken In
How about this

Sony CyberShot DSC-WX300 Point & Shoot - Sony: Flipkart.com

or this

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX10V Point & Shoot - Sony: Flipkart.com

does FZ60 has all the features from the above two cams ??

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I wouldn't spend this much money for a point and shoot (WX300) which doesn't even have manual exposure control.
HX10V - There are better models in the same budget.

FZ60 doesn't have GPS and wifi but has got everything else and little more than those two.

OP
krish_techie

krish_techie

Broken In
Thanks a lot nac ,

i really don't care about GPS or WIFI .. All i need are good pics :)
my doubt is since i'm completely new to cams..will these manual features in lumix be a problem...??
i asked about sony only because they are completely automatic..and more user friendly ...
and most importantly fz60 takes good pics in low light right ??

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It doesn't mean that the camera doesn't have any auto mode in it. You will have plenty of scene modes, auto modes, semi auto modes + you will have manual exposure controls.

Yes, given the sensor size with FZ60 you can make reasonably good low light images.

Since you are new, better check the model in local store before buying it.

OP
krish_techie

krish_techie

Broken In
Hi Nac,

i will be checking this out soon in a store. I've been looking at some reviews online.i found that the fz60 offers only 1080i video recording but not 1080p ...does every cam offers the same ...or are there any cameras in this range that offer 1080p recording ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
I feel that if you just want a camera to take day to day snaps while partying , at beach on birthdays at zoo then no need to go for complicated system.. just get a sony wx300 ...it have some great reviews..and its easy to use

if u want to take artistic shots and remotely have interest in photography only then get something which have manual controls.

OP
krish_techie

krish_techie

Broken In
Hi sujoy,

i will be taking pics at casual events or party's ..but i want those pictures to be perfect . I may try to take artistic shots when free.But can't do that all the time ..so i just want my options to be open.
I actual want to go for a DSLR ..because there is only a little budget difference(atleast with the basic one's) ... so what's the use of a DSLR when i can't use it to the fullest. So i'm just looking for something that could fit for my requirements ..that would fill the gap between basic point and shoots and DSLR ..and FZ60 seems to be the one..i'm just stuck with the one thing i mentioned in the last comment i made that is 1080i ..any help on this ???

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok..then you are going right way by selecting FZ60

for 1080i vs 1080p read this article 1080i vs. 1080p: What's the Difference? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
basically it means that 1080i is not actual full HD but will have size of full HD while playback..1080p is real full HD and will be sharper.

Also keep in mind that a full HD video takes much more space...your 1 min full HD video may go for 500MB+ ...and also these superzooms are not small enough to keep recording video for too long handholded.

OP
krish_techie

krish_techie

Broken In
I would be taking videos a lot ...so if it is difficult to take videos ..then it's a big minus for me(i need to go to the store and check this .how long i can hold this fz60 ) ..
i would not be bothered even if the video is 720p ..but i need to take videos comfortably long ..atleast 5 mins ..
so will it be better if i be contempt with a point and shoot from sony (will they offer 1080p recording ??)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I usually don't pay more attention on video. As long as it is anything equal to HD or more is fine. So I don't know what is "p" or "i" here. In my view, video recording is just an extra frill in a still camera.

sujoyp

Grand Master
no the easy solution is get a cheap tripod and a 32GB card :) you will be able to record video at least 1hr long without breaking your hand

just keep the camera still in your hand for 5 minutes and you will feel the pain of 500gm :)

OP
krish_techie

krish_techie

Broken In
Anyhow i'm thinking of looking at this in some store ..and see how it actually feels in my hand.
For video my mobile will be sufficient (lumia 620) atleast for some basic 720p videos :p

thanks a lot for your suggestions guys..will post once i get my hands on this cam :)
let me know if you guys come across any good deal on this cam ...

sujoyp

Grand Master
at ebay -> New Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ60 16.1MP 24X Zoom+4GB+Case+Sealed Pack | eBay 17100 ...if u get any ebay coupen apply it and get more discount

Top Bottom