Best broadband in Pune?

Gtb93

In the zone
I'm located at Shivaji Nagar Housing Soc./ Senapati Bapat road. I'm looking for a good and none/very little downtime facing network.
Speed-2mbps-4mbps. UL. No FUP limits. Set up will be Wi-Fi. 3 people to share it.
Any suggestions guys? The only options I've seen are - Tikona, YouBroadband, and Hathway.
Hathway has horrible plans and are overprice imo. Youbroadband has one good plan, but after donwnload limit, it cuts down to 1mbps which is a slight problem. Tikona has a few plans that interest me, but I don't have any experience with their service. Also, any idea about BSNL plans in this area? and/or other alternatives?

Regards.

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
Hathway and YOU Broadband are good, a big no to Tikona. You should call home Hathway representative or go to their Office as their website is not always updated. I doubt though that you can get any good 4mbps plan with reasonable rate here.

OP
Gtb93

Gtb93

In the zone
Hathway and YOU Broadband are good, a big no to Tikona. You should call home Hathway representative or go to their Office as their website is not always updated. I doubt though that you can get any good 4mbps plan with reasonable rate here.
I've read bad reviews for tikona often. Is it really THAT bad?
Also, for hathway I've seen the plan-paper that the rep brings, there's no VFM plan at all.

6Diablo9

Tikona broadband sucks, and it also sucks all the money out of you. Most speed that you can get out of 2mbps rated plan is 256kbps.

Also, for hathway I've seen the plan-paper that the rep brings, there's no VFM plan at all.
There aren't many options here. My friend has a YOU 1mbps unimited which costs him Rs. 2100/- (3months), I think there is YOU office near Sakhar Sankul you can pay them a visit or call a rep.

raksrules

Youngling
I stay in Aundh and Pay 2100 Rs for 1 Mbps unlimited for 3 months. Satisfied with the service till now.
May be the 1212 Rs 12 Mbps per month till 25GB and then throttled to 1 Mbps might be good plan for you.

OP
Gtb93

Gtb93

In the zone
Thanks for the suggestions guys!
Also @Diablo9 - a 2mbps plan on a 1:8 contention would generally give you 256kbps on download, isn't that normal?

6Diablo9

Correct me if I'm wrong but 1:8 contention means one line of 2 mbps(mega bits per sec) is shared with 8 users, you do get 2mbps. You could expect 220-230kBps(kilo bytes per sec) I had YOU Broadband earlier with 2mbps plan, switched to Hathway later bcoz I wanted something very cheap(cheap plan, cheap speed) and also got free set top box+6month cable tv. Anyways never had any problem with YOU broadband, and if you have problem they'll try to resolve it by next day same with Hathway.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Tata broadband is the best option for you. It's stable & has almost no issues. It is little expensive though.

Avoid reliance for sure.

OP
Gtb93

Gtb93

In the zone
I've settled for YouBroadband as of now. 2mbps UL no limits. 1400rs per month.
Will get the connection by wednesday.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I live in Bavdhan near Kothrud and I use Tata Docomo broadband 999 plan. I've had no problems with it yet and get pretty steady pings.

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
I use BSNL broadband and i m quite satisfied with the service. I am using this since 2005 . I have the 1mbps plan, you can check their other plans too.

paritosh_sumrao

New to this forum

Tikona is worst possible bradband (?). It hardly works. I could never do skype on itdespite being 2MBPS because of frequent disruptios. But believe me thats not the worst part. Closing of account is the most difficult thing. Even if you say not to recharge it, they will do it. And will threaten you with legal action if thats not paid. Add 1500 closure charges and what not.
Its actually a mental harrasment I hope no one else goes through.

Top Bottom