Best brand for microSD cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVSEQ

Addicted to Gaming
Hi, one of my friends is willing to buy a 4 GB microSD card for his Nokia 5130. What will be the best brand he should go for? Is it Sandisk or Transcend or any other brand?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
the quality does not depend on brand.

every brand have different models of SD cards.

value cards have very low speed and you can pick any of the brands.

but if you can burn some money, look for High speed cards like these:

*www.transcendusa.com/Products/ModDetail.asp?ModNo=147&LangNo=0&Func1No=1&Func2No=13
*www.ocztechnology.com/products/flash_drives/ocz_microsd_secure_digital_high_capacity_memory_cards

Tamoghno

Padawan
I've been using various sandisk cards including some CF ,SD & microSD For years and i none have given me problem.

Kingstone is also good.

I'd strongly suggest against transcend.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Agree with desiibond. Even my local brand works fine & hasn't popped up in 2 years & still going strong.

If you still want a brand name, I would suggest Sandisk.

k4ce

Youngling
there is a sandisk class 4 4GB card that i purchased for 650 a month ago for my previous fone (5320) ... fast file transfer... u can go for that ...

OP
AVSEQ

AVSEQ

Addicted to Gaming
Well then, going for a Sandisk one.
One more query.. I found from the Nokia website that this phone (Nokia 5130 XpressMusic) supports max upto 2 GB. However, on many sites and forums (such as this one) I found that it can support even 8 GB memory. Have anyone tried using more than 2 GB with this model?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Well then, going for a Sandisk one.
One more query.. I found from the Nokia website that this phone (Nokia 5130 XpressMusic) supports max upto 2 GB. However, on many sites and forums (such as this one) I found that it can support even 8 GB memory. Have anyone tried using more than 2 GB with this model?

If it supports SDHC cards then it could very well support an 8GB one. Try before buying. Companies most probably hide these facts so that the consumer cannot exploit the advantages & upgrade to a new handset. Sometimes its done as the phone becomes slow on accepting higher capacity memory cards.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
SanDisk and Verbatim are really good but Kingston is more easily available and cheaper.
I use Verbatim 4GB MicroSD in my E51.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom