Votes: 0 0.0%
  • oh i almost forgot samsung

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yash

I draw every day
it probably seems like a stupid topic but did u know that most blank dvds dvdr and dvdr/w have only 4.3 GB of space instead of the said 4.7GB?
many people said that its 4.7x1000 mb (or whatever) and not exactly 4.7x1024 mb.thats why the actual capacity is less.but i`d like to point out that the cds have a complete 700mb of storage space as is said.so why are the dvd makers riping us off like this?

and some cheap brands of dvds have even less storage space....ones that u`ve never even heard of-the local brands...
so heres the poll to know what u think

sorry for forgetting verbatin.that name just dosent stay in my mind. score 1 for verbatin and 1 for moser baer...

OP
yash

yash

I draw every day
did anybody notice that even moser baer does not have exact 4.7 GB capacity?

h_kunte

Journeyman
What a poll!!

I have never looked beyond Sony guys...I do get Moser Baer...But never feel like looking beyond Sony...EVER!!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
I have had lots of bad experience with Moser baer but none with Sony n HP so my vote definitely goes for Sony and HP is the runner up. I would love to get my hands on Verbatim though. Its another reliable brand.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
My vote goes to Maoser-bare
@yash:all brands of DVD's provide 4.38 gigs of data,it does'nt differ from brand to brand

Kniwor

Learner
yash said:
did anybody notice that even moser baer does not have exact 4.7 GB capacity?
actually all DVD's labelled 4.7Gb have actually 4489Mb of space to be precise, so it's not just Moser Baer.

Anyhow I've used the cheap ones and Moser Baer and LG,

Moser Baer are Great..

as or the cheap ones... if u get CD's labelled "TYCOON", stay away from them,
I found these names to be working fine as far as the cheap ones are concerned
A-Link
Master etc.... "TYCOON" sux

Now guys dont run after me telling that this information is irrelevant because u dont get either brands at ur place or all the cheap ones suck... because it might be helpful to someone in kolkata who has decided on getting cheap ones and here all these things are available...

manmay

Journeyman
sry guys jus recently got dvd writer
so no idea abt the sony and moserbaer dvd.
though i bought some writex dvd for 16 bucks in surat....16 bucks for a pack of 25
15 for 50
14 for 100
nice rates na....
tell me what rates do guys get the dvds sony and moser...and others...
cant say abt the quality.... have already ritten atbt 10 dvds with movies and friends....till now no probs ....
lets see after a few months....(fingers crossed.)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
dIgItaL_BrAt said:
manmay said:
16 bucks for a pack of 25
15 for 50
14 for 100
nice rates na....

The guy selling those DVDs sure has his economic fundamentals all screwed up!

i think he means 16 bucks each for a dvd when u buy a pack of 25. that makes it 16*25 = 400/- .. I dont think he can sell 25 dvd's for 16 bucks unless he his crazy. And if u buy 50 dvds then the rate is 15/- each and for 100 it is 14/- each. Manmay forgot the word "each" i guess.

manmay

Journeyman
ofcourse yaar how can u expect to get 25 dvds in 16 bucks...
any way i'm sry if i created a confusion.

what i really meant was when buying a pack of 25 the cost per dvd is 16 rs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom