Best book for linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
linux in a nutshell is from oriely - writer - dont remember- check on the site, and bible is from wiley- writer-Christopher Negus.

OP
A

ambika

learnhardy
if you are a complete noob and not interested in tweaking stuff, go for linux in a nut shell.

U can say this for me .......but i want to learn linux in a deep sence.....so tell me a best linux book.

Is linux bible from wiley- writer-Christopher Negus best one.

Last edited:

vinayasurya

Journeyman
There is no single all the stuff book for Linux. First procure a book eg. bible install Linux and try it out. Sure you will run into some problems. Get help from book or online forums like this. You'll be well familiar with Linux in 1-2 months . Good luck

OP
A

ambika

learnhardy
if you are a complete noob and not interested in tweaking stuff, go for linux in a nut shell.

There is no single all the stuff book for Linux. First procure a book eg. bible install Linux and try it out. Sure you will run into some problems. Get help from book or online forums like this. You'll be well familiar with Linux in 1-2 months . Good luck

Thanks for assigning me book n wishing me good luck .

U can say this for me .......but i want to learn linux in a deep sence.....so tell me a best linux book.

Is linux bible from wiley- writer-Christopher Negus best one.

I will not its the bst one, however it covers lot of stuff, and depending on your need of experience there are different books, start with these books.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Newbie to Linux Planin to buy a book so buyin linux bible from wiley- writer-Christopher Negus will be ok?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
linux bible is good but nothing beats the online world, forums, blogs and other resources.

I do refer to Linux Bible but its a bit geeky if your linux IQ is nil.

OP
A

ambika

learnhardy
Get a friend who uses Linux. No book can beat a real life human being in front of you to help you.

How can i??.....if everyone stick to .....just microsoft windows .Can i add u ....as friend ....help me in linux.

In xubuntu .....i need to run a .chm file ....how can i do this?......and also want to know how to transfer files from xp to xubuntu?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^for such kind of help first google
your query + ubuntuforum

and then post in this forum if u are not satisfied with the answers

How can i??.....if everyone stick to .....just microsoft windows .Can i add u ....as friend ....help me in linux.

In xubuntu .....i need to run a .chm file ....how can i do this?......and also want to know how to transfer files from xp to xubuntu?

To get some help, just ask in this forum. thats how many guys here, me included, learnt linux. and google is another precious tool to get help.

As for chm, use xchm.

Ubuntu has a software called Synaptic Package Manager. Using its search function, you can get software for any work.

vinayasurya

Journeyman
If you want to master linux don't ignore commandline. They are very powerful, useful and sometimes gets job done faster than GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom