Best available C compiler for Win 7

Vaikan

Right off the assembly line
Which is the best C compiler for win 7 64 bit version? please help me......
I tried Turbo C but does not work, DevC and CodeBlock do not have complete library....so i am totally confused as what to choose :?

DevC and CodeBlock do not have complete library....
What do you mean by "complete library" ? Both use GCC which is a powerful, complete, robust, opensource and standards compliant compiler which is used by a majority of C developers in several platforms.

Last edited:

vamsi360

Always confused
use Visual C++ express edition:

Microsoft Express Home - Visual Studio Express and SQL Server Express are free tools

OP
Vaikan

Vaikan

Right off the assembly line
What do you mean by "complete library" ? Both use GCC which is a powerful, complete, robust, opensource and standards compliant compiler which is used by a majority of C developers in several platforms.

ok i got that wrong by saying "complete library"....what I'm trying to say is that most of the code that i write in Turbo C do not get compiled in Code-Blocks or in Dev-C whereas they are compiled without any problem in Turbo C.

Why is it like that?

lucifer_is_back

Journeyman
ok i got that wrong by saying "complete library"....what I'm trying to say is that most of the code that i write in Turbo C do not get compiled in Code-Blocks or in Dev-C whereas they are compiled without any problem in Turbo C.

Why is it like that?
because Turbo C is outdated

Top Bottom