BEST ASUS Mobo for P4 2.66 GHZ Processor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OK Guys!

I hv decided to go for P4 2.66 GHZ proccy.
As P4 3 GHZ is costly too and there is no much diff. between both!

And I hv planned to go for Asus mobo for this proccy.

But can't decide which model should I go for?

So guys! Pls suggest me which Asus mobo will be the Best for P4 2.66 GHz.
If possible then also give the price too...

Waiting for ur replies! :D

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
pal if u r going for 2.66 bcoz of ur budget then its k,but if u can then better get a 3.0GHZ 2MB L2 cache as it has HT and if i m not wrong 2.66 dont hav that,so it will make a loads of Diff while multitaskin there will b loads of diff performance wise so i'll suggest u to think bout it again.u can go for 915 chipset-Asus P5GD1-VM which shud come around 5k or P4GDC-V DLX mobo dont hav any idea bout its price.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
strange tht u have decided Intel to be ur platform of choice !!!

i dont think there too many mobo's from ASUS worth the name for the intel platform !!!

Gigabyte and Mercury rule in this section !!

if u insist on ASUS the only one i can name is
ASUS-p5p800-mx with the 865 chipset
cost = Rs 4200

but there are better choices here
Mercury-p1915gvm
cost = Rs 4700

this board has the 915 chipset with a PCI-E slot

no matter wat all this means Vishal,
i insist u give a thought for AMD,
it gives u best value for money and also performance !!!

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@vishal u r goin for 2.6 478 pin proc?if u r then this wud b one of the worst decision according to me.i agree with vijay AMD is much much better then 2.6 any day if it was LGA775 630 with HT then it wud hav been bit sensible but 2.6.... no no.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OK!

If its so, then I'll go for P4 3 GHZ. :D

Now can u pls suggest the BEST ASUS mobo for it?

Waiting for more replies....... :wink:

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
whats ur budget and needs?u want 915 chipset or 915 with DDR2 or u wanna chipset which support dual core as well if u want to upgrade it later?

mangemayur

Journeyman
go for Asus 915 or 925 based one... they also come with the onboard video and many other thing.. so depending on the budget you can decide..
also if the budget is too tight go for the mobo which supports both DDR and DDR2... and buy DDR RAM

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
:arrow: if u r lookin for onboard video then go for 915 chipset,has decent features and it will cost u around 4.5k.

:arrow: 925 chipset dont hav onboard video and support only DDR2 533MHz ram which will b a bottleneck and it costs around 8k which according to me is not worth,instead go for 945 chipset which also support dual core and shud come around 6-7k.

vishald

Broken In
hi vishal I think that u should go for Asus 915 board & P4 2.66Mhz
Asus 915 with Pci express slot will cost u around Rs 3200 & P4 2.66 around Rs 5250 buy from prompt computers lamington Rd Telephone no is 9892693075 contact person Gitesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom