Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using avast since ages and would say its awesome!!! but i also wanted 2 ask something. Is is worth buying Bitdefender Internet Suite 2008?? Am connected 2 a LAN 24X7 and someetimes use wi fi on my laptop in college which is unsecured. I have Widnows Vista. Should i go 4 Bitdefender or any other?? Or der is an alternative??

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hiiiiiiiiii............Thanx for d support..........I havn't net connection........But I'm planning to get one............Do Avast protects well for Net too????

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kaspersky Internet Security is surely better than Eset Smart Security but I still believe that NOD32 is better than Kaspersky AntiVirus.

Edit: @Batista I am not an arrogant type of boy and I respect everyone but can't tolerate a word against NOD32.

Imagine there are 90 computers in a LAB and every computer infected with Brontok and as soon a you insert your Pendrive, your pendrive gets infected and Folders are hidden and an executable file (with the same icon of a folder) is created. You need to open that executable and then access the folder. And moreover with Noonlight every file and folder is made a SYSTEM & Hidden file (also a .scr file is placed) and then you've to "attrib -h -s" at the command prompt (for every file and folder) as you are not having any File Attribute software at the moment (because of no Internet) which can fix this. NOD32 fixed all this.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kaspersky is expensive but is surely better than BitDefender.....

or if you want you can use the following combination (which I am using)

NOD32 (paid) + Comodo Firewall (FREE and better than every Paid Firewall) + Ad-aware SE (FREE Edition) + Windows Defender (FREE from Microsot)

but i had seen security softwares ratings and they claimed bitdefender to be the best ??

I was using AVAST + Zonealarm + Spybot with Tea Timer Activated and Widnows Defender is active by defualt on vista... but i found em eating too much RAM i want something which uses very less resources.

Once i had used comodo it deteriorated my torrent speeds

Last edited:
OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Thanx fr support............I'm plannning 2 get net connection........Do Avast performs same with net connection????

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
NOD32 uses the least RAM..... as compared to any other AntiVirus even Kaspersky. The version 2.7 could even run on 32MB RAM.

I am on Comodo 3.0 and I don't face any decrease in my Torrent speeds.
When Comodo detects your uTorrent (or any other Torrent application) just mark it as a TRUSTED APPLICATION or you may need to Port Forward to get good Torrent speeds.
But ZoneAlarm FREE is also good.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kaspersky..........even better than Eset Smart Security......

Kaspersky Internet Security ROCKS
or
Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom