Best antivirus in 2010

smartyn13r

Right off the assembly line
Nevr b able to detect spyware.....tried it while hacking my own box....lolxxx:razz:

yes its true that some antivirus package dont detect spywares adwares null_viruses

and even those viruses from cracks n patches

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

let me bring eScan Suite into picture of all you guys

i m using eScan since 2 years
i know it comes a bit expensive but it is worth purchasing

Internet Security Suite(ISS) is best for home n basic office users

it provides everything one needs to secure his/her computer
All customizable

I recommend this one n i trust eScan

my funda is
eScan Any Package = developers of Kaspersky + developers of eScan

ramprasad

In the zone
and even those viruses from cracks n patches
---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Most of the time, they detect the worm.trojan/virus in the crack/patch. Some new variants might not be detected though...

Once, Ihad a tough time...
AVG prompted that the the patch contains a virus. I ignored it and disabled AVG to install the patch and the whole system was corrupted. The damage was so much that I had to reinstall Windows
Luckily, I had my back up disks...

rkneo11

Broken In
i use Avast 5 Home edition... But as i use windows 7 and have disabled the autorun feature for pendrives (even if i double click in explorer it opens the pen drive by default and does not run the autorun.inf file) and since i do not use any offline e-mail manager am hardly bugged with viruses. As a precaution once a week i scan with Malwarebytes' anti malware...
Kaspersky i found to be overprotective and tedious to use.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
^^ If you want some good protection and can't pay for it, then go for a reputed free antivirus (Avira or Avast) instead of choosing a pirated one as you shouldnt trust something with your security the origin of which itself is questionable ..

rkneo11

Broken In
With the latest technologies it is not possible to use a pirated AV for many days
The companies are finding out the pirated keys and blocking them when you run an update...
So it is better to go for Avast/AVG/Avira rather than a pirated one...
And Avira and Avast have detection rates comparable to premium paid ones...

g160689

Broken In
Right now i am using "Microsoft security essential". Its lite and its fast. I m quite satisfied. Try it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
best combo: Avast Free (for viruses) + Comodo Firewall (antivirus sucks) + A-Squared Free (not tried Anti-Malware yet). total damage to pocket: Rs.0. total damage to viruses: ~100%.

A-squared is a fantastic anti-malware software. try it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Nice combo. I use Avast 5 pro + Zonealarm

i2 have used Zone Alarm a lot but later shifted to Comodo, cause Zone Alarm got no Sandbox, shellcode injection protection & the interface is not the best. some likes it but it irritates me. so dropped it. however configuring Comodo is one of hardest task, for first time users.

Top Bottom