Best Android Keyboard

Choose best keyboard you use

• Total voters

azvnoit

Journeyman
Give this a try :
Hacker's Keyboard - Android Apps on Google Pla

Used to use Hacker's keyboard when I first got a smartphone around late 2014. It is good if you code on your phone, otherwise, many keys were unused. I had SwiftKey and Hacker's Keyboard and would switch between them based on application.
I use SwiftKey now mainly because after 2years of usage it knows what I'm about to type, saves time and effort.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Idea of Hacker keyboard is novel. But due to increased keys, it's best suited for mobile displays bigger than 5". Also if only it also support swipe typing.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Idea of Hacker keyboard is novel. But due to increased keys, it's best suited for mobile displays bigger than 5". Also if only it also support swipe typing.
You can get similar layout with swipe on Google or aosp keyboard by setting the PC layout
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/1a2e649d5d8488ba79e76dc845e583fc.jpg

Sent from my Xperia Z

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I couldn't find any setting for changing layout of keyboard to PC when I chose AOSP keyboard.
And I can't even find the option to enable swiping in AOSP keyboard.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
I couldn't find any setting for changing layout of keyboard to PC when I chose AOSP keyboard.
And I can't even find the option to enable swiping in AOSP keyboard.
Layout changing comes under appearance & layout > custom input styles
Then you have to select that custom style under input languages

As for swiping,it may be a issue with a lib file
Anyways same can be done in Google keyboard where it's under preferences>custom input style

And then select it as one of input language

Sent from my Xperia Z

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
No custom styles option in my settings. *i.imgur.com/rld4TGz.png

Anyway, might have to do with the difference of Android versions. I am on stock ROM 5.1 on Moto X.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
No custom styles option in my settings. *i.imgur.com/rld4TGz.png

Anyway, might have to do with the difference of Android versions. I am on stock ROM 5.1 on Moto X.
That's the custom input styles right there

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/fc723301679a72766fd5d53bd11fbaee.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/0ecdf9c856d503191afceaf7d38c89d4.jpg
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/bd1270168afdb81da7def6514f35951f.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/1bfa48f6814f5f18b55214a0405d36c7.jpg

Hopefully you get it now

Sent from my Xperia Z

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I somehow missed the "Plus" icon to add more layouts. (Blame it on theme, it was white on white background). Thanks.
I will need to experiment, but later.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
... Some of the features I like about Swype is:
1. Hinglish Dictionary: So now I can type even Hindi words with the same efficiency as regular English words.
2. Cloud Sync: Any words like names and login ID's I save in the personal dictionary. And the Cloud sync retains the words even if you are re-installing the keyboard. When I happen to install Swype after many months on my Moto X, I have very happy that all those words I saved haven't been lost.
3. Accuracy: I am pleasantly surprised by how accurate Swype feels while typing. It even corrects completely missed letters. So suppose I want to write, "I am a boy", but I tapped 's' instead of 'a', it automatically corrects it to 'a' since Swype seems intelligent enough that it knows, 's' can't exist as a sole word. Nice.
4. Arrow Keys: This is probably the best thing I like about Swype. It comes with a arrow keys layout that makes it easy to edit particular text with greater accuracy then using fingers. It also have buttons to Cut, Copy, Paste and so it's really fast editing in that mode. Screenshot in spoiler:

*i.minus.com/iGFzxpXX8q7UE.jpg

Apart from the above features:
- Voice dictation is good but sometimes it's still hit or miss.
- Erasing previous words is fast and snappy
- Lots of themes from dark to light
- Features such as Quick search right from the text box is nice touch
Because this!

Top Bottom