Best Adventure Games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
I love to play adventure games... hell even bought a new AGP card (6800 GT)

But have not played any games... (guess I'm not, that big a gamer...)

Anyways last game I really adored and had a blast was "Prince of persia" (all three parts)

So please recommend me some games that are more or less like POP, advenure types

Please... please... pretty please!!

Possible

Custom User Title
Tomb Raider series are pretty puzzling but they are slow, I don't think you'd like them over or near Prince of Persia, yet you can give a go to Angel of Darkness and Legends (The last 2 parts of Lara Croft - Tomb Raider).

Some FPS games are pretty cool too, I like Halo: Combat Evolved and Half Life 2 the best among them all.

T

thunderbird.117

The best adventure game i played are :-

1. Indigo Prophecy.
2. Tomb Raider :- Legends.
3. Broken Sword series.
4. Syberia series.

I recommed you to get those 4 game. They are great.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
Possible said:
Tomb Raider series are pretty puzzling but they are slow, I don't think you'd like them over or near Prince of Persia, yet you can give a go to Angel of Darkness and Legends (The last 2 parts of Lara Croft - Tomb Raider).

Some FPS games are pretty cool too, I like Halo: Combat Evolved and Half Life 2 the best among them all.
i love lara craft, played all the games so far. love the time runs and puzzles.
u can play FAR CRY. its really good.

T

thunderbird.117

Possible said:
Also try the Broken Sword series. They're kind of slow but excellent adventure games!

I agree. Broken sword is a amazing game. With so much puzzles.

amitava82

MMO Addict
u can't call POP, Tomb Raider, HL as Adventure game. Adventure games are mostly Point and click, no combat, lots of puzzle to solve and has a great story line. my favorites are:

Indigo Prophecy
CSI series
Still Life
Nancy Drew: Creature of Cappu cave
Nancy Drew: Last train to blue moon canyon
Longest Journey
Dreamfall
Keepsake
Secret Files
Return to the mysterious Island
Agatha Christey
Da vinchi's secrets
Syberia I, II
Atlantis

These are must play if you r crazy about adventure game like me :)

saikibryan

Journeyman
amitava82 said:
u can't call POP, Tomb Raider, HL as Adventure game. Adventure games are mostly Point and click, no combat, lots of puzzle to solve and has a great story line. my favorites are:

Indigo Prophecy
CSI series
Still Life
Nancy Drew: Creature of Cappu cave
Nancy Drew: Last train to blue moon canyon
Longest Journey
Dreamfall
Keepsake
Secret Files
Return to the mysterious Island
Agatha Christey
Da vinchi's secrets
Syberia I, II
Atlantis

These are must play if you r crazy about adventure game like me :)

POP etc are RPG...
adventure games i liked da most is...
elder scroll oblivion IV

T

thunderbird.117

satyamy said:
Pls also tell us from where to get or download these games..........?

From the nearest computer shop.

saikibryan said:
POP etc are RPG...
adventure games i liked da most is...
elder scroll oblivion IV

Huh?. When did POP became a RPG and when did obilivion became a adventure?.

You are saying it opposite.

Last edited by a moderator:

amitava82

MMO Addict
do not mix-up adventure games with RPG n Action-Adventure. these are 3 different gener.

Adventure is a genre of video games typified by exploration, puzzle-solving, interaction with game characters, and a focus on narrative rather than reflex-based challenges. The vast majority of adventure games are computer games, though console-based adventure games are not unheard of. Unlike many other game genres, the adventure genre's focus on story allows it to draw heavily from other narrative-based media, such as literature and film. Adventure games encompass a wide variety of literary genres, including fantasy, science fiction, mystery, horror, and comedy. Notable adventure games include Zork, King's Quest, The Secret of Monkey Island, Gabriel Knight, and Myst. Most adventure games are designed for a single player, since the heavy emphasis on story and character makes multi-player design difficult.

A role-playing game (RPG, often roleplaying game) is a type of game in which the participants assume the roles of fictional characters and collaboratively create or follow stories. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterization, and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines. Within the rules, players can improvise freely; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.

The term "action adventure" itself has become more generalized since its introduction, and can now be used to refer to virtually any game which combines elements of real-time action-based challenges with some element of problem-solving. The genre exists largely to distinguish these games from pure adventure games, or from role playing games. It should be noted that adventure games never have a pronounced action element, limiting the action-based challenges to mini-games or other brief sequences. RPGs by definition have elements of pen and paper role playing games, such as "experience points" and other statistic-driven gameplay. Games like The Legend of Zelda are better classified as Action-Adventure because of this.

Due to the lack of a definition of the term of Action-Adventure (although it may be considered a game that contains elements of both genres on assumption) there are quite a few disagreements in the community and in the media over what actually constitutes an Action-Adventure game. One definition of the term "Action Adventure" may be '“An Action/Adventure game is a game that has enough action in it not to be called an Adventure game, but not enough action to be called an Action game.”'[1]Despite this, disagreements over which games fit under the categories [2][3] are particularly prominent in articles over the internet and media. Some people consider Action Adventure to have a free roaming feel, but at the same time unlike RPG's can fight enemies and so on, on screen.

Source: Wikipedia

T

thunderbird.117

Maybe wikipedia should give saikibryan some ideas on what POP and Oblivion is :).

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_The_Sands_of_Time
- Action Adventure.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_The_Two_Thrones
- Action Adventure.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_Warrior_Within
- Action Adventure.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion
- Role Playing Game.

Understood?. Now dont say i dont think so and Dont be so ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom