Best Adventure Games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thunderbird.117

Sad to see that the gamers are not aware on what genre they are playing. Now i can imagine why gaming did not hit india.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Because Most of the so called "Gamers" just play Game, they don't have any idea about games or don't have any interest in games. just handful people are Are passionate about game (like me :grin: )

amitava82

MMO Addict
my first adventure game was 'Return to mysterious Island'. After playing this game I got Addicted to Adventure game. I've given a must play adventure game list before. just pick one...

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
dont classify games to be adventurous...FPS...RPG...and all......

real thing is -"enjoy playing the game to the fullest extent".......be it of whatever the class it may be......

i found Far Cry to be adventurous..so said it....

thunderbird.117 said:
Now i can imagine why gaming did not hit india.

sorry to say....but this isn't justifiable......

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

abhi_10_20 said:
dont classify games to be adventurous...FPS...RPG...and all......

real thing is -"enjoy playing the game to the fullest extent".......be it of whatever the class it may be......

i found Far Cry to be adventurous..so said it....

sorry to say....but this isn't justifiable......

Sorry to say... You are totally wrong.

Possible

Custom User Title
@thunderbird.117 - I play what has a good storyline. I dont give a damn about genre. It has story, it has good reviews, it has multiplayer, its in my Shopping Cart. Seriously, why the hell does genre even matter? It matters a bit while choosing MMORPG or Multi-Player specific games but else... Explain please, am just not clear why you consider genre in games so important. Its a necessity in music and in movies but games... :confused:

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
@possible, i totally agree with you....

@thunderbird.....please provide me with with one reasonable statement as to why gaming did not hit India bcoz of gamers not knowing about the genres......:confused:

both of these, by far, have no link between them......

T

thunderbird.117

Possible said:
@thunderbird.117 - I play what has a good storyline. I dont give a damn about genre. It has story, it has good reviews, it has multiplayer, its in my Shopping Cart. Seriously, why the hell does genre even matter? It matters a bit while choosing MMORPG or Multi-Player specific games but else... Explain please, am just not clear why you consider genre in games so important. Its a necessity in music and in movies but games... :confused:

A genre is important not because of the game storyline. A genre is mainly important to game developers. Other than game developers people like you wont care because you want to play all the game which has good graphics and storyline.

Before a game is created the developers draw a sketch on which genre they should focus on. If it is a RTS. The developers will draw on what mechanics the game should have. For instance Coh has Terrority capture where you have to fight for each terrority to gain access to tech and resource. I can keep going on this. The most importantly will you understand.

A genre is important for me because i need to clasiff which game it belong. Genre is like a category.

Also try to imagine a game without genre. Ok?. You feel the pain when there is no genre.

abhi_10_20 said:
@possible, i totally agree with you....

@thunderbird.....please provide me with with one reasonable statement as to why gaming did not hit India bcoz of gamers not knowing about the genres......:confused:

both of these, by far, have no link between them......

Knowing a genre of a game is basic knowledge. When a gamer does not know which genre is he/she is playing. It is a knowledge wasted and most important a shame. If you dont believe go to contries like USA or developed countries and tell them you dont know what genre you will be a laughing stock.

Seriously you believe gaming has hit india?. Who told you that?. Newspaper?. Playing just CounterStrike is not a big thing and certainly not going to improve indian gaming culture.

Also india lack proper facility like bandwidth,power and genre players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Well said thunderbird
But dont typify all Indian Gamers
There are some who will give any Usa gamer the run for their gaming knowledge
( but most as u said are......)

@ possible : Well people like u only say ( when encountering a RTS instead of a FPS) "How come the people there are so small??" :lol:
Back to the topic

If u wanna a modern day adventure

try
1)Indigo Prophecy a.k.a Fahrenheit
2)Dreamfall

For old skool

1) Monkey island series
2) Grim Fandango
3) Space Quest, King's Quest

Possible

Custom User Title
Who was talking about not knowing what a genre is. I know genre is like a category and games do have to be categorized. Plus you do know what kind of game you are playing obviously, having played a lot of games so far. What I asked is why you relate it to the gaming popularity rise. Its not as if not knowing genres don't sell games. Its like you want a bowler and a batsman, but never an all-rounder. I know multi-player has yet to pick up in India and you at most can blame it on piracy people do that disables them to play over the official game servers. And the unofficial ones aren't so popular to be frank. The point is, I never did talk about not knowing genre, I was talking about why you feel it to be so important to the gaming world that it can make you say its the reason why India lags at gaming. ( Though thats a bit literal sometimes :)) )

@Darthvader - I know explaining jokes can destroy its effect but can you please do that? I didn't understand it, heh.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Well what thunder said is that if u do some thing u shud require minimum knowledge abt it.

See if u dont know GENRES , not their names but their basic premise ( which u do know, it seems ) , u will never know which games u like.

say if u like adventure games but know nothing about genres, and go to buy a game and it is written over there FPS , u purchase it seeing the screenshots which do not reveal the actual stuff.

And then u go home and are disappointed , waste of money haanh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom