Best 5inch android device under 15k.Read below.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Then those people deserve to buy those overpriced phones just for warranty as for me i am no way getting any under powered phone just for warranty.:p

you wouldnt be saying that once you actually encounter a problem and have to take rounds of the service centre,customer care etc

Minion

Conversation Architect
you wouldnt be saying that once you actually encounter a problem and have to take rounds of the service centre,customer care etc

Well i fix problem myself if it is software related and i am yet to find hardware issues in my phone.Not to mention service center will charge you 4 times the original cost of repair.

- - - Updated - - -

Oneplus X

+1 for this.

OP
T

tanmayraj

Broken In
Also I would like to add that the available cpus below 20k include SD615 , SD410, Intel Atom and Mediatek(Helio X10 and others) and of course Exynos , all of which have optimisation and heating issues to an extent so its unavoidable however Snapdragon and Intel Atom should still be 1st preference

Also +1000000 to Moto and Asus after sales !!

Do you mean Motorola and Asus services are best at Rs15000 range?

- - - Updated - - -

Get Mi4 eye closed its available for 12,999 don't get moto G 2015 it is so under powered with SD410 chipset.

Why not Mi4i?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
xiaomi should be avoided altogether if you value after sales, paid or unpaid imho

- - - Updated - - -

Well i fix problem myself if it is software related and i am yet to find hardware issues in my phone.Not to mention service center will charge you 4 times the original cost of repair.

yeah??
funny thing because that wont be possible for the following reasons-
1. you cannot fix software related problems as easily as you say it is unless the OEM is open about their drivers and someone like CM,paranoid etc compile a stable rom
2. These new "branded" phones are ridden like anything with hardware issues
3. you cant fix problems locally or buy parts and do it yourself for such brands because they dont have ready parts in their service centres, forget on ebay etc
4. Agreed service centres are careless,useless and charge ridiculous prices but its easier to pay 5-10k to repair your 50k phone from a brand like Sony,samsung etc than these chinese brands where its non-existent even if you want to pay or do it yourself
no variety of solutions=fail

dont just assume and hate on the more established brands
these are the small things noobs miss out on when purchasing a new phone sadly

Minion

Conversation Architect
1)If I can't fix a issue that means either google or OEM screwed up.I am not saying I can write code or some thing I am saying I can flash a Stable custom rom and End users are not meant to write codes in first place.
2)Hardware issues can't be completely ignored but tier 1 brand has same issues remember Sony display cracking issue, Moto E has loose back cover issues and now Huawei nexus 6p is having glass cracking issues.
3)Chinese high end phones cost 20-25k not 50k why would I buy 50k phone in first place if they perform similarly. I don't care about Samsung, Sony, HTC because their midrange/low end phones never receives software updates.

Finally I don't hate any OEMs I want to convey that why would I get a overpriced phone just for service. If someone is spending 50k on a phone then he is definitely rich and not gonna go for repair if anything happens with his phone.

tkin

Back to school!!
1)If I can't fix a issue that means either google or OEM screwed up.I am not saying I can write code or some thing I am saying I can flash a Stable custom rom and End users are not meant to write codes in first place.
2)Hardware issues can't be completely ignored but tier 1 brand has same issues remember Sony display cracking issue, Moto E has loose back cover issues and now Huawei nexus 6p is having glass cracking issues.
3)Chinese high end phones cost 20-25k not 50k why would I buy 50k phone in first place if they perform similarly. I don't care about Samsung, Sony, HTC because their midrange/low end phones never receives software updates.

Finally I don't hate any OEMs I want to convey that why would I get a overpriced phone just for service. If someone is spending 50k on a phone then he is definitely rich and not gonna go for repair if anything happens with his phone.
So, an Audi owner just throw away the car if its damaged? Time to go hunt for an Audi and ram my Alto in it and run away :D

Jokes aside, these chinese brands as well as micromax, lava etc have horrible after sales service. If you are a student and/or have free time in your hand and also you have access to a backup phone then by all means go for Xiaomi or OnePlus. But if you hold a job and/or can't spend time to repeatedly visit the service center, or you don't have a backup phone then I suggest you to stay away from these companies. I suffered horribly after purchasing a micromax device, good thing I was a student back then.

One reason why some people would go for an apple phone is its after sales service, at least it will be true for me if I ever decide to get one.

Take for example I don't have any backup phone that can take a microsim. Now if I buy a new phone, say the oneplus x, that takes a nanosim which will not fit my existing LG G2, then I have to buy a sim adapter. Now if something goes wrong with the phone I can't bother to visit the service center due to my work, and I can't do without a phone as well.

This is one reason I am in such a dilemma about getting a phone, on one hand I prefer buying a cheap phone so I can switch every year(selling is a hassle as well, better to go for exchange), on the other hand I can't deal with after sales service issues and bugs with the phones operating system(OnePlus X sd card doesn't work). So I am leaning towards motorola even when moto g is no longer a very vfm option going by specs alone.

Usually the big companies improve their phones in later batches if a problem exists.

Nexus 4 had self cracking back panel but it was not prominent in batches manufactured later. Same is the case with Sony.
I hope Huawei will rectify the problem somewhat in later batches

But for smaller companies like Xiaomi, they don't do it. Mi4 has heating issues but it never got revised.

I too agree on other 2 points. Spending 40-50k on a phone is senseless as most of these phones get below 40k mark within 6 months

tkin

Back to school!!
Usually the big companies improve their phones in later batches if a problem exists.

Nexus 4 had self cracking back panel but it was not prominent in batches manufactured later. Same is the case with Sony.
I hope Huawei will rectify the problem somewhat in later batches

But for smaller companies like Xiaomi, they don't do it. Mi4 has heating issues but it never got revised.

I too agree on other 2 points. Spending 40-50k on a phone is senseless as most of these phones get below 40k mark within 6 months
Senseless for us, but not for people who earn a lot of money and mingle in a society that values appearance above everything. Take for example you are a very rich businessman and have been invited in a high profile party, there are people around you flashing expensive jewellery(diamonds, which are abundant in the universe and should not cost that high) or expensive ipads or iphones. You'd want to keep your appearance as well and would buy the latest iphone so you don't stand out as backward. iPhones are like fashion accessories now a days. People in china sell of their property to buy an iphone, its like the ultimate 'Rich Person' pointer in todays world.

Senseless for us, but not for people who earn a lot of money and mingle in a society that values appearance above everything. Take for example you are a very rich businessman and have been invited in a high profile party, there are people around you flashing expensive jewellery(diamonds, which are abundant in the universe and should not cost that high) or expensive ipads or iphones. You'd want to keep your appearance as well and would buy the latest iphone so you don't stand out as backward. iPhones are like fashion accessories now a days. People in china sell of their property to buy an iphone, its like the ultimate 'Rich Person' pointer in todays world.

I agree on that. Not just iPhones, Samsung too (atleast in my home town the rich can be seen with either Apple or Samsung Note series phone). They have become status symbols, kind of

My dad bought Honor 4X on my suggestion few months ago & it performs better than he expected but it lacks brand value, earlier he had S2. Now I'm planning to suggest him to buy Galaxy A8 (even though I know LG G4 is just a bit higher priced)

tkin

Back to school!!
I agree on that. Not just iPhones, Samsung too (atleast in my home town the rich can be seen with either Apple or Samsung Note series phone). They have become status symbols, kind of

My dad bought Honor 4X on my suggestion few months ago & it performs better than he expected but it lacks brand value, earlier he had S2. Now I'm planning to suggest him to buy Galaxy A8 (even though I know LG G4 is just a bit higher priced)

If going for functionality G4 is much better than A8, but brand value is not that much.

Top Bottom