Best 22" LCD Within 14k!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
buy benq E2200HD without a doubt it has been awarded the best monitor of this year by one international mag also dont remember name .

and its specs are truly gr8.

future proof as well. in my view better than dell.

prateekchanda

Boy Genius
BenQ E2200HD is a bluff!
MAN ur not getting 22' its 21.5' or so over it the aspect ratio is 16:9 this further reduces the viewable screen area

do a simple maths an multiply height and width to find out exact real state of ur screen!

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
BenQ E2200HD is a bluff!
MAN ur not getting 22' its 21.5' or so over it the aspect ratio is 16:9 this further reduces the viewable screen area

do a simple maths an multiply height and width to find out exact real state of ur screen!

Its not a bluff its clearly mentioned in BENQ specs about the aspect ratio 16:9, which invariably means 21.5 technically. And about reducing the viewable area, well that could be debatable. Which aspect ratio you prefer entirely depends on the prime usage, while 16:10 gives you a slight better expanded view native HDTV resolutions still uses 16:9 aspect ratio so if your usage of the monitor is more as an HDTV ( which would justify the purchase with HDMI option ) you would want to stick to 16:9 as you would not want ending up with those black bars while watching Full HD content. However there is still can be a small problem, lots of upcoming bluerays/DVDs do not use the 16:9 (1.78) aspect ratio, instead, use a 2.39 AR, so you might still end up with black bars on the top and bottom while watching those discs.

But I'd still go for 16:9 if I am gonna use my monitor as an HDTV as well.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i m also looking for a new lcd monitor..

by the way..is it better to buy it from a shop or online? what one is faster? have never bought any thingy from dell india so far.

any recommended model from samsung range...

rajiv0188

Right off the assembly line
Re: Best 22" LCD Within 14k!!!

best 22" LCD is samsung 2233sw it offers a dynamic contrast ratio of 15:000 n price is around 12k, also LG 2252TE is an energy efficient model n it is also good but price is 13k.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: Best 22" LCD Within 14k!!!

best 22" LCD is samsung 2233sw it offers a dynamic contrast ratio of 15:000 n price is around 12k, also LG 2252TE is an energy efficient model n it is also good but price is 13k.

is the samsung 2233SW available in kolkata..am interested in this model now...

emmarbee

Journeyman
realdan, go for Dell SP2208WFP - the best. I had bought it for 17k.
If you cant afford that much, try Dell S2209W ( I'm not sure whether its good- ask others). In fact I'm gonna start a new thread myself :)

ruturaj3

Journeyman
Anyone knows about Dell SP2309W. It is on dell's usa site.

*accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-7641

Instead of going for 21.5 isn't 23 is better.

And what is the use dynamic contrast ratio ?

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
realdan, go for Dell SP2208WFP - the best. I had bought it for 17k.
If you cant afford that much, try Dell S2209W ( I'm not sure whether its good- ask others). In fact I'm gonna start a new thread myself :)

well did you buy the sp2208wfp online? and when?
last i check on dell india..i cant find the model S2209W...
the samsung 2233Sw seem not bad...what do you guys think? is it available in the market? did anyone buy it? and where? and a what price?

emmarbee

Journeyman
well did you buy the sp2208wfp online? and when?
last i check on dell india..i cant find the model S2209W...
the samsung 2233Sw seem not bad...what do you guys think? is it available in the market? did anyone buy it? and where? and a what price?

I had bought the Dell monitor online. I had bought in the month of aug - last year. I cost me around 17k.
You can't find several models of Dell online - its better you call them and ask for those models with their current price.

I dunno much about that samsung2233sw model - but I won't consider anything other than dell.

My friend is about to buy a new monitor for his new PC - I'm thinking of sevaral options - but everything is within Dell.
As of now, I had got a quote for S2209W for 11.5k (from dealer in richie street)- If I'm able to get the Ultrasharp 2408wfp from US by some means, I'm gonna recommend him that - if not I'll see whether S2409w is good and cheap - if nothing works out then SP2208WFP - hands down.

Realdan, if you have nice budget go for Dell's Ultrasharp (don't buy the TN panel) - it's the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom