Best 2.1 or 5.1 Sound system for under 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm planning to gift my best friend a 2.1 or 5.1 sound system for his wedding. I had narrowed down my choices to Creative 2.1 or Intex 5.1. Which would be a better option? I'm looking for something which is between Rs 1000 and Rs 2000.

Please suggest as to which one I should go for or anything else which is better.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
y Creative 2.1??!!

get the Altec Lancing BXR1121 2.1 for 1300/-

btw the Intex speakers are below par average quality standards.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
y Creative 2.1??!!

get the Altec Lancing BXR1121 2.1 for 1300/-

btw the Intex speakers are below par average quality standards.
I know about the Altec Series but always thought them to be expensive. Most of the people I know who want to go for something which is not too expensive and not to cheap go for Creative. Anyways any clear difference between the Creative and the Altec series?

D

Deleted member 26636

you can get the creative m2600 @ rs1700/- or the Altec Lansing BXR 1121 for rs1200/-...i have the creative & my friend has the Altec Lansing...the only difference is that the creative produces more bass...i personally think the Altec Lansing has better clarity.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Logitech X 210 for 1.5k
kicks every sub 2k 2.1
it has got the same speaker drivers of the successful X530/540 and X230.
just search for its reviews

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^ the X210 is gud and hav gud bass punch...but hav serious complains just like the Altec Lancing VS series, like not lasting long without frequent RMAs :)

I would like the M2600 and X210 for rap, hip-hop, and for metal type music...but when it comes to some serious music listening I prefer the BXR1121 due to its exact sound reproduction and sound clarity....I want to hear the low-mid and highs clearly without getting mixed up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

^^ the X210 is gud and hav gud bass punch...but hav serious complains just like the Altec Lancing VS series, like not lasting long with frequent RMAs :)

I would like the M2600 and X210 for rap, hip-hop, and for metal type music...but when it comes to some serious music listening I prefer the BXR1121 due to its exact sound reproduction and sound clarity....I want to hear the low-mid and highs clearly without getting mixed up.

yeah...like i said..the BXR1121 has better sound clarity. haven't heard the x210 though.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
ya like u said :)

but me too havn't heard the X210 yet, but read some reviews....and as usual like the Logitech Xseries, the X210 doesn't do well in harmonic and bell frequency ripple tests.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Most reviews are giving X 210 a 10/10 for lows, mids or high.
also remember, neodymium are the best known for its clarity.
*www.ciao.com/Logitech_X_210_PC_multimedia_speaker_system__Review_10014893
its a real successor of good old X230

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^X210 sounds gud, but dat link has hardly anything near to pass off as a review :p

but the things I noticed in all reviews is that, they hav no volume control for the headphone output and for bass. Only a big volume tuner on a wired remote...and the gud thing is, it has a powerful subwoofer to shake ur room down :D As a wedding gift as said by the thread OP, X210 is the best for the situation I think ;)

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Well guys thanks for all of your inputs. Too be honest my friend is more into hindi music and doesn't listen english music so I don't think will look into things like rap, hip hop etc.

So to talk in laymen terms it should be some kind of speaker which really has good quality.

So from your suggestions I have narrowed down my choice to
1. Logitech
2. Altec Lansing
3. Creative

So maybe you all can give a final call as suggesting me to go for the best one considering my requirement. It should be something that he really likes. And of course the budget should be around 1k-2k as mentioned before.

I'm right now confused hope to get a final answer from you all based on which I can make my choice.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
you can remove creative from that list :)

inside 2k. i think it should be one of these three

1) Philips MMS430
2) Logitech X-230 (if under 2k)
3) BXR1121

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
you can remove creative from that list :)

inside 2k. i think it should be one of these three

1) Philips MMS430
2) Logitech X-230 (if under 2k)
3) BXR1121

Any specific reason why I should not go for Creative?
I just now checked the prices for the following models
Altec Lansing 1121 - Rs 1250
Creative SBS 5380 - Rs 1250
Philips - Rs 1250
Creative Inspire - Rs 1750

I wonder why the Creative Inspire is so expensive among all.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I bought Creative Inspire M4500 about a month ago. It's quality was nowhere near to Philips MMS430. Sold it immediately and bought MX5021.

Anyways, if that philips that you quoted is MMS 430 2.1, go for it. That is the only model in philips that actually means audio :)

Among others, I vote for BXR1121. stay away from SBS and Inspire!!!

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^X210 sounds gud, but dat link has hardly anything near to pass off as a review :p

but the things I noticed in all reviews is that, they hav no volume control for the headphone output and for bass. Only a big volume tuner on a wired remote...and the gud thing is, it has a powerful subwoofer to shake ur room down :D As a wedding gift as said by the thread OP, X210 is the best for the situation I think ;)
Could you enlighten me on the bold topic?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^ :) I said dat b'coz X210 will be gud for indi-pop and has more bass than anything mentioned above according to all reviews.

btw is X230 available <2k?!! and if u can get the Philips MMS430 for 2.1k then it is a gud option too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom