Benq E2200HD 21.5inch Full HD - Is it available yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zatang

Broken In
Its there on Benq Site, its E2200HD 21.5 inch full HD monitor for 13500. Today, i went to Nehru Place and inquired it at big shops like Computer Empire and Cost 2 Cost and even a 3rd one, but its no where available.

The only Full HD model available is the same old AOC 416V for 21K+. I don't have that much money to pay this difference.

Now, is this monitor actually released or its just a pre-release hype ?

Next, i intend to buy a gaming rig soon but today prices were too inflated due to deflated rupee.

Is it the right time to buy a gaming rig ? Considering the prices are inflated due to rupee depreciation.

Is waiting a better option ? and if yes? for how long?

Now these questions were for normal individuals, if there are any truth seekers on board, then you must be aware that Amero is already out and its just a matter of few months when dollar would be replaced by Amero. So, that would mean PC prices would go drastically down?

Nobody heard of Benq E2200HD 21.5 LCD Monitor ?

Last edited:

PaulBarber

Broken In
I had inquired directly with BenQ and they said stocks would be available by 28th October (that's today).My local vendor also gave me the tentative date as Oct month end.

I think stocks are already available. Just google for 'e2200hd review'. There is one new but very brief review on another site.

I'm also waiting to get this monitor.

OP
Z

zatang

Broken In
Thanks Paul for your info. I tried calling Delhi and Mumbai Benq dealers but couldn't get a response. Now I will call the local dealers in a day or two. Meanwhile, can you give me the Benq numbers so that I can ask any direct or official Benq dealer in Delhi. The Benq India site doesn't carry a list of dealers and/or official showrooms

PaulBarber

Broken In
^^ PMed you the contact details. Judging by your enthu, I think u'll buy the monitor before I do :). Once you get it, pls post a review or just inform me. I just want to see a couple of reviews/opinions before I buy :)

OP
Z

zatang

Broken In
^^ PMed you the contact details. Judging by your enthu, I think u'll buy the monitor before I do :). Once you get it, pls post a review or just inform me. I just want to see a couple of reviews/opinions before I buy :)

Thank you for the contact details. Well, i just have the enthu, i may not buy it before you. :cool: Actually, i am also waiting for some review of this monitor :D. Yet, if i do buy it, then i would definitely post a review ;)

I just contacted the Benq person, he informed that it would take still 4 days for its arrival. Meanwhile, he invited me to go for T2200HD. This is a scaled down version of E2200HD, although there is a marginal difference between the two. I think not more than Rs.1000

T2200HD 'DO NOT' have

1. Internal Speakers
2. Only 5Ms (2MS in E2200HD)
3. No HDMI port

Last edited:

PaulBarber

Broken In
^^ 2ms is GTG (grey to grey). It's just a scam. The internal speakers I think are very low wattage and should be crappy. But HDMI input is worth it. Makes it a lot more future proof. I think the Rs 1000 or so additional for E2200HD over T2200Hd is worth it.

OP
Z

zatang

Broken In
^^ 2ms is GTG (grey to grey). It's just a scam. The internal speakers I think are very low wattage and should be crappy. But HDMI input is worth it. Makes it a lot more future proof. I think the Rs 1000 or so additional for E2200HD over T2200Hd is worth it.

Ya, i also heard of this GTG thing. But i am not fully aware of it. Can you give me a link about this scam ?

Ya, i too have a personal bias against internal speakers of any monitor. They really don't make a difference.

Well, right now the price of rupee is highly depreciated. I think i may wait for it get stabled

domnic

Broken In
Anybody got BenQ india number for mumbai coz for some reason benq india website aint opening... I had gone 2 lamington road for the monitor but didnt get it there....

Last edited:

PaulBarber

Broken In
I'm rethinking my decision to buy this monitor. HDMI and Full HD etc sound great, but when I just compared the screen area of a 21.5" 16x9 monitor to a regular 22" 16x10 monitor, the 16x9 looks way smaller.

Take a look at *www.tvcalculator.com

If you play a 16x9 clip, the picture area in 21.5" and 22" is almost the same. If you play a 4x3 one, the picture area in 22" is way bigger. I think I'll just go with a regular samsung/LG 22"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom