Being cheated by ICICI Bank Credit Card...help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wecaz

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I am having bad experience with my ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card. On April 2nd, a new transaction of 2k has been added in my account. This transaction took place in Big Bazaar on Jan 06th. The amazing thing is that I never performed this transaction. After this transaction 3 billing cycles are gone.

Now I have sent a dispute letter to the bank. They need 60 days to investigate and want me to pay the amount as of now. If finally the dispute favours me, I will get a refund.

I need advice from you friends. What should I do more to save my money? Has anyone experienced the same problem earlier?

wecaz1@gmail.com

techani

Journeyman
I will suggest that u pay the money. But before that get it written by the local authority head say the manager of the branch that u will be refunded by bank within say 7 working days if its proved that u didnt perform the transaction.
Next keep the documents ready for a battle in the cosumer forum. U can file an online complaint in www.core.nic.in incase the matter is not solved.
But didnt u recieve any sms to confirm the transaction? I heard that the card holder is always sent an sms by the icici bank to confirm the transaction before processing it?
Anyway Best Of Luck...

raksrules

Youngling
AFAIK a confirmation message is sent but it only tells that the transaction has been done. Also if the transaction amount is above a certain limit then only the sms comes else it doesn't.

OP
W

wecaz

Yes, I didn't get any intimation. There is a policy that we need to report within 90 days for a wrong transaction. This transation appeared in my account after 86 days. I checked my account by chance and found it. Otherwise I would have gone !!!!

ICICI bank says transaction appears in the account only when it is billed to the bank. Is this Bag Bazaar's fault? Should I talk to them directly?

AFAIK a confirmation message is sent but it only tells that the transaction has been done. Also if the transaction amount is above a certain limit then only the sms comes else it doesn't.

OP
W

wecaz

Yes, Thanks a lot...
Actually ICICI sends SMS for transaction of more than 5000 only. And the problem is I am out of India for some time. I can do only those things which can be done through internet...... :(

Can I still be able to drag them to consumer court? If I try to close my account, I need to pay the amount as well.

u didnt get any intimation by SMS ...... :-(

u can sue sue them .... seriously ......

IMO, dont pay .... go 2 consumer court & fight [with all valid docs] ....

kick their ASS out .....

its their [ICICI`s ppls = contract based ppl] mistake, NOT URS .....

FIGHT THE RIGHT WAY ......

i remember some1 wining same FIGHT with the bank & getting compensation ......

so remove ur SWORD & FIGHT ......

F

frankiben1234

even i've been cheated by icici.. good that u posted it..
carte de

credit

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
ICICI bank has a very very bad reputation. May be they will send goons to your house to get back Rs.2 k. You are lucky that the amount is comparably small. There are thousands of people out there who either keep quiet or don't have time and who were fleeced by this bank for more than Rs.2 k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom