Beginning to learn Dot Net. Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhat

Mad and Furious
I wish to start learning Dot Net. Focussing on VB and C++ languages. Also using SQL for Back-end. But I need to have some guidelines on how to start learning. I know VB 6.0, Java and C++(Not very advanced, but still good enough). I searched online, and found a few tutorials, but am unable to find the perfect software needed to start. I knw I sound like a n00b here, but can anyone please guide me to the softwares I will need? Names and links to the official sites, please...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Get a copy of Visual studio 2008 IDE (check if student version is available for free/cheap). As you are comfortable with VB then you will be ok with VB.net syntax.
Learn about basic framework, CLR/CTS/Garbage collection, page events , collections, generics, common Interfaces, delegates etc to get started. If you need any help with web applications in .net I will be glad to help.

OP
redhat

redhat

Mad and Furious
Why not use Visual Studio Professional (Genuine) for FREE!!! Its available for download from Dreamspark...

OP
redhat

redhat

Mad and Furious
Is Visual Studio Team and Visual Studio Professional the same?
If not, what are the differences??

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
^ Visual Studio Editions Comparison

I think you should pick up a beginners book and Visual Studio Express and Microsoft SQL server Express. They are free and I will assure u that you want miss functionality from the full editions :) There are no differences from a beginners point of view.

See this page for all the express editions. (they are way smaller and lighter on your system too then the pro versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom