Begging you!!! Please help. Discrete graphics not working

My friend has recently bought inspiron 7520 (win 8)with radeon 7730 and intel hd4000. Now each and every game which he is running on his laptop runs on intel hd 4000 not on 7730. I've already selected high performance i switchable graphics. Please help. Also see the below links. Many others are facing this problem

Re: Dell inspiron 15r se 7520 switchable graphics problem - Laptop Video Forum - Laptop - Dell Community

Inspiron 15R SE 7520 - How to ensure which card: AMD Radeon HD 7730M or Integrated Intel HD 4000 is actually being used? - Laptop Video Forum - Laptop - Dell Community

Inspiron 15R SE 7520 Switchable Graphics not working and Optical Drive Very Very Noisy - Laptop Video Forum - Laptop - Dell Community

tkin

Back to school!!
Can you try this?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/170077-custom-drivers-intel-amd-laptops.html

This worked with my Dell 15R. Try the 13.1 Cat V2.1 drivers and see, its better if you reinstall windows and install this driver fresh.

PS: No guarantee it will work, it worked for me.

BTW, what's with the 'Begging you' man? We're here to help, no need to beg, just ask :)

OP
Harsh Pranami

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
Can you try this?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/170077-custom-drivers-intel-amd-laptops.html

This worked with my Dell 15R. Try the 13.1 Cat V2.1 drivers and see, its better if you reinstall windows and install this driver fresh.

Thanks bro. Will try and tell you. Thanks again

tkin

Back to school!!
So manually trying to configure the AMD Catalyst control center didn't work then?
I have no idea what he did, switchable worked for me even with dell drivers, just got UNIFL to get cat 13.1 :|

OP
Harsh Pranami

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
So manually trying to configure the AMD Catalyst control center didn't work then?

I chose high perfor,mance in the switchable graphics menu. Didn't work. And so it didn't for many more out there. Check the links bro.

I chose high perfor,mance in the switchable graphics menu. Didn't work. And so it didn't for many more out there. Check the links bro.

Can you try this?

BTW, what's with the 'Begging you' man? We're here to help, no need to beg, just ask :)

Didn't work :( After installation it says catalyst control centre cannot be started . there are currently no settings that can be configured.

tkin

Back to school!!

Didn't work :( After installation it says catalyst control centre cannot be started . there are currently no settings that can be configured.
Wait, after installing the default, you right click desktop, select switchable, and when the panel opens, you add the executable and select high performance on them, did you do that?

OP
Harsh Pranami

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
Wait, after installing the default, you right click desktop, select switchable, and when the panel opens, you add the executable and select high performance on them, did you do that?

Yeah bro already did. Now I'm thinking if degrading to win 7. I've downloaded all drivers. But another bone in the neck is that I need to convert GPT partition into MBR :mad: Well what do you suggest??

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah bro already did. Now I'm thinking if degrading to win 7. I've downloaded all drivers. But another bone in the neck is that I need to convert GPT partition into MBR :mad: Well what do you suggest??
Go for win 7x64, I'm using it, and the leshcat worked for me.

tkin

Back to school!!
Got it!! Win 8 was the culprit. installed win 7 and everuthing is working like charm.
Good.

Its not Win 8's fault, AMD enduro has lots of issues, and some of them have not yet been ironed out, like the fact it still doesn't work with my 7670m.

Ravii

Broken In
@harsh: good to a guy who has similar problems, i also have the same laptop with same problems, i reinstalled all the driver softwares and also kept the graphical switch enabled still no use !!!!!!!!!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Can't the on chip gfx be disabled in BIOS like we do in desktop PC's?

I haven't use a Laptop with switchable graphics so no idea

tkin

Back to school!!
Can't the on chip gfx be disabled in BIOS like we do in desktop PC's?

I haven't use a Laptop with switchable graphics so no idea
That's with a hardware switch, alienware still uses them, these however are muxless designs, all video data is routed via the internal GPU, the discreet GPU kicks in when needed, just like Lucid Vertu on desktop.

Ravii

Broken In
i tried reinstalling the drivers with the update ones now i'm facing problems even in ccc manager and it always shows up error messages.

Ravii

Broken In
NO !! i am using win 8 but for few weeks ccc was working for me but after i installed the new update which is 7520_Video_Driver_6TD5X_WN_8.982.6.0_A03 all i an see in the screen is this dialog box !!!! 1.jpg2.png

Top Bottom