BB Playbook vs iBall Slide?

iinfi

mekalodu
I have a budget of 15k for a tab.
wondering whether to go for a playbook 16gb or iBall Slide.

i have to compromise on no-internet on the move, if i go for a playbook. BB doesnt seem to support Netconnect Dongle or any other wireless internet devices (except BB itself)
whereas if i go for iBall i v to compromise on resolution.
800x480 for iBall while its 1024x680 for playbook

PS. sry i posted the same question here also *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-t...netconnect-tablet-smartphones-has-worked.html

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Iball Slide has not got good feedback by many user. So avoid.
For your purpose this device suit you the best

Ebay-Veedee D10
Review of Veedee D10
It has 1.2GHZ fast processor
512 MB DDR3 Ram
7 Inch Capacitive Screen with pinch-zoom feature
Dual- Mali 400 GPU for gaming and Full-HD video.

Last edited:

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Even i had been thinking in the same lane, but there isnt anything great in the range except Playbook(but no internet on the go, so wont fit in for you as it seems), i'll suggest you to either wait until mid next month, when Asus will come out with a beast of a tab(rumoured, nothing very authentic of the date) in the 15k price bracket for the indian market, if its urgent get a MM Funbook, if it can do things, what you want out of a tab and save the rest for now!

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
thanks for ur replies ...
Flipkart: iBall Slide i7011: Tablet
saw some ok reviews here ... hence thought iBall slide mite be good ... if Playbook had an option of net on the go .. its a steal .... but hardly any apps to go with it ...
dont want to spend beyond 15k ... :|
@tenida
btw do you knw Veedee D10 is good? do you have any feedback from people who have used it?

rornvi

Right off the assembly line
Even i had been thinking in the same lane, but there isnt anything great in the range except Playbook(but no internet on the go, so wont fit in for you as it seems), i'll suggest you to either wait until mid next month, when Asus will come out with a beast of a tab(rumoured, nothing very authentic of the date) in the 15k price bracket for the indian market, if its urgent get a MM Funbook, if it can do things, what you want out of a tab and save the rest for now!

Could you tell more about the upcoming asus tablet? I can wait a few weeks.
I'm also confused between the two - Slide and Playbook. The things I'll need in a tablet:

Good battery backup.
Fast processor.
More connectivity options - wifi, 3g, bt, usb
price range - 15k

arescool

Work is So Boring...
The things I'll need in a tablet:

Good battery backup.
Fast processor.
More connectivity options - wifi, 3g, bt, usb
price range - 15k

I am using Playbook and it can fulfill all your needs except 3g/2g...
and rest assured abt performance as it works like a charm for me...

and just would like to suggest regarding 3g/2g connectivity on the go, that you can use ur android mobile ( if you have ) as wifi hotspot for it. <--- that's what i do... :-D

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
sorry to bump in but the blackberry playbook 32gb is available for 15k
Blackberry Playbook 64GB - Buy Online in India for Rs.16,499 as on 23rd April 2012 - Price, Features, Reviews, Specifications, Photos, Videos | BuyThePrice.com

@arescool have you tried sideloading of applications on the playbook ? btw op if your budget allows get the 64 gb version for 16.5k

@rornvi which tab are you talking about ?

arescool

Work is So Boring...
@arescool have you tried sideloading of applications on the playbook ? btw op if your budget allows get the 64 gb version for 16.5k

I was trying sideloading last night only, but could not go ahead as i had to download around 1 GB of software for that purpose...

would be trying with this weekend again as all the pre-requisites are with me now ....

but from tutorials it doesnt seems to me that it would be a problem.......

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
@iinfi after the 2.01 update you can sideload android [.apk] apps officially by converting them to the proprietary [.bar] (blackberry) format. Hands-on with side-loaded Android apps on the BlackBerry PlayBook (gallery) | ZDNet

I was trying sideloading last night only, but could not go ahead as i had to download around 1 GB of software for that purpose...

would be trying with this weekend again as all the pre-requisites are with me now ....

but from tutorials it doesnt seems to me that it would be a problem.......

have you played asphalt 6 hd and modern combat 2? i believe they are free for download from bb app world.? :razz: atleast you get 2 premium games :cool:

@arescool which pb do you own ? how much did you buy it for ?

arescool

Work is So Boring...
have you played asphalt 6 hd and modern combat 2? i believe they are free for download from bb app world.? :razz: atleast you get 2 premium games :cool:

@arescool which pb do you own ? how much did you buy it for ?

Yes ... I have downloaded both these games and they are awesome, and the icing on the cake is that they are free... :lol:
and it also had NFS Undercover pre-installed, but i like Asphalt 6 better.....

and I bought it from flipkart @17999, its 64 GB version....

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
i didnt get you ...

What i am trying to say is that the big drawback of the playbook was the apps. But rim which makes the playbook included the feature to load android apps on your playbook. This process is however tedious because you have to convert .apk to .bar files for those apps which are not available for download as android apps for playbook via the blackberry app store.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
thank you ....
i am planning to buy playbook....

for upgrading the OS on a blackberry playbook, does that cost extra? and for basic use on a wifi, do i need to subscribe to BB service or anything?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
thank you ....
i am planning to buy playbook....

for upgrading the OS on a blackberry playbook, does that cost extra? and for basic use on a wifi, do i need to subscribe to BB service or anything?

no but the downloads are pretty big 400mb ~ you dont need to subscribe to any service and you will be provided with a BBid with your tablet. :wink:

ankit360

Journeyman
What i am trying to say is that the big drawback of the playbook was the apps. But rim which makes the playbook included the feature to load android apps on your playbook. .

those software won't work smoothly as native application .
i try lot's of application like dolphin browser, taptu and won't work properly .

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i hunted for BB playbook in all shops in Jayanagar (Bangalore) but everywhere its out of stock ... i wonder what happened in 1 week ... last week most of them had it for under 13k

Top Bottom