rohitchawla

Right off the assembly line
My computer configuration is:

Intel core i3 2100 3.1 Ghz
Intel DH61WW
Zion RAM 4 Gb
Sapphire HD 7750 1 Gb GDDR5
Samsung 20'' monitor (1600*900)

AND a cheap local JSW-252 PSU from I-Ball that was supplied with the cabinet.

I have recently brought HD 7750 from Flipkart @ INR 6700/-

I have tested the GPU with different games like Assassins Creed Brotherhood,hot pursuit and it works fine (my PSU too works fine)

But as soon I start BATTLEFIELD 3, the monitor begins to flicker i.e. the game begins to flash but when I press win+TAB the games cascades and works perfectly,I then go to the video settings and lower the graphics setting and then the game stops to flicker.Then i again make my game display settings full 1600*900 ULTRA with Motion Blur off,the game works perfectly with avg FPS of 45 till i restart the game again.After restarting the game again begins to flicker.

I have previously played BATTLEFIELD 3 with a HD 4350 GDDR3 at 800*600 with no problems.

I need help.What is the problem?

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Your GPU is not getting enough juice from that local PSU. You can try borrowing a good branded psu like Corsair CX 430 v2 from your friends and test again.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Use proper thread title buddy. Do as ashis_lakra suggested.

Use proper thread title buddy. Do as ashis_lakra suggested.

OP
R

rohitchawla

Right off the assembly line
The problem got solved,the game was starting with a default FPS of 75 which is not supported by my moniter and the PSU is working fine so far.
My HD 7750 is giving an AVG of 35 FPS while playing Battlefield 3 at ULTRA.Sometimes its coming down to 22~25 FPS in certain maps.

Yup, the PSU should not be the problem as because the game is running in cascade mode but not in full screen mode. The 75 Mhz refresh rate was the issue.

Your monitor has a 60 Mhz refresh rate and anything more than that is a problem.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Yup, the PSU should not be the problem as because the game is running in cascade mode but not in full screen mode. The 75 Mhz refresh rate was the issue.

Your monitor has a 60 Mhz refresh rate and anything more than that is a problem.

This looks to be the issue..

Also to add, getting a branded PSU is definitely adviseable for the simplest reason that PSU is the heart of the system and an el cheapo will always trouble you forever untill you move on to a branded PSU like seasonic or corsair.

Top Bottom