Battlefield 3 won't be on Steam

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont like STEAM. I hate the downloading the entire game from STEAM especially even after buying a DVD.
It defeats the whole purpose of the DVD in bandwidth poor country like India
No one told you to use Steam. No one told you to play Valve games.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even I could not find the utility of the DVD when I have to download the entire game from internet. :( :confused:

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmm? I got Portal 2. I had to only download updates worth 300 MB. You don't have to download the 'entire' game.

If you'll get something like Orange Box which was manufactured in like 2008, you'll have to download hefty updates. This is pretty obvious as the games and the engine have seen heavy changes.

I don't even know what's the fuss about 'downloading.' I know people don't buy every game they want to play. Some basically 'download' them. Anything wrong if you download through Steam? Nope.

If you are talking about forced updates then you have a point.

The whole point of Steam is you don't have to mess with physical media. You can access your games from any part of the world.

I dont like STEAM. I hate the downloading the entire game from STEAM especially even after buying a DVD.
It defeats the whole purpose of the DVD in bandwidth poor country like India
You've played MW2 and Black Ops, right? The only way to play these games is through Steam. If you haven't used Steam, you have 'downloaded' these games nevertheless.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Well, one thing I hate about Steam is that it's not exactly region free. I bought a retail (i.e boxed) copy of Left for Dead 2. After installing it , I later moved out to Saudi Arabia. On trying to launch the game from my PC there , Steam said that I could only run it if I was in the region (i.e India) where I originally purchased it from -_-

If you bought a game via the Steam store though , it's region-free.

It's sad that Battlefield 3 won't be coming to Steam. Steam's servers have always given me good download speeds , and now I have to use the Evil Arts Download manager for this :p

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yup, that's true. You see, retail games are cheaper here. I'm pretty sure same is going to be the case with Origin.

I bought L4D2 for $5 through Steam anyways. :p

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ico said:
You've played MW2 and Black Ops, right? The only way to play these games is through Steam. If you haven't used Steam, you have 'downloaded' these games nevertheless.
Well, I dont have MW2. Played at a friends PC. and yeah it was offline mode.I don't have MW2. I dont think he has Steam :wink:

ico said:
No one told you to use Steam. No one told you to play Valve games.
Well, no one will ask you to play games because its "Steam" its not Steam etc
There is no way to play some thing like TF2 other than getting it via Steam. But yes man I would have prefered it a lot more if the purchased DVD had the game rather than Get a file which starts download from Steam.

I am gone from this thread anyway

Last edited:

tejaslok

Journeyman
pre-ordered it at Flipkart @ 1499 rupees using COD(cash on delivery)

^ i dont think bf3 will be on steam at the time of release, i wondered why steam was silent when EA was bashing about some DLC issues so they wont release on steam but now i got the "real" reason behind it ! greed !

gameranand

Living to Play
pre-ordered it at Flipkart @ 1499 rupees using COD(cash on delivery)

^ i dont think bf3 will be on steam at the time of release, i wondered why steam was silent when EA was bashing about some DLC issues so they wont release on steam but now i got the "real" reason behind it ! greed !
I like steam as they don't babble about anything here and there like EA. They provide what they are meant to provide and remain silent unless they need to speak. I like that attitude of Steam. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Valve speaks up, finally:

Valve boss: "We want EA's games on Steam" - TechSpot News

No love lost.

Top Bottom