Battlefield 3 installation and update problem

Saumil996

Journeyman
Got my Battlefield 3 yesterday from flipkart
Installed it but then when i try to start the game it starts a humongous 5,115MB (approx) update :shock: . When I click on the "start the game without the update" option it takes me to a sight where i need to register and stuff, did all that but still when i try to start the game from the site it prompts me to install the update.

now is there anyway to play the single player campaign without updating the game.

BTW I will be getting unlimited broadband in a week so will i have to wait till then or is there a solution??

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Got my Battlefield 3 yesterday from flipkart
Installed it but then when i try to start the game it starts a humongous 5,115MB (approx) update :shock: . When I click on the "start the game without the update" option it takes me to a sight where i need to register and stuff, did all that but still when i try to start the game from the site it prompts me to install the update.

now is there anyway to play the single player campaign without updating the game.

BTW I will be getting unlimited broadband in a week so will i have to wait till then or is there a solution??

First for working Battlefield 3 you need to Update the Game:evil:
Then only you could play it your having original Game so you should register to EA/Dice for getting Update and playing Multiplayer online
Note:EA is releasing Huge Updates and Patches day by day:-?

samudragupta

Youngling
had a similar issue with battlefield 2. update via the game is buggy and takes a of time... i would suggest you download the patch via google search and install it manually. the file size remains the same however saves you the frustation of slow update via ea servers...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
yes you can play the campaign without downloading the update. as S18 said go offline in Origin when you login, then go to Battlelog site, click "play campaign"

for MP you require the update and you cannot play without installing the update. if you have a friend close by who also plays BF3 then you can copy the update folder from him and copy it to your PC and use the instructions here.. *falconevo-blog.no-ip.org/index.php/battlefield-3-manual-update-29-03-2012/

OP
Saumil996

Saumil996

Journeyman
Thanks a lot guys. I started my Single player campaign I love the graphics but it seems a bit too slow compared to COD MW3 campaign.

Waiting to play multiplayer!!

Top Bottom