Battery wears down faster in my 3 weeks old Sony Vaio latop?

pratheeshps

Journeyman
Battery wears down faster in my 3 weeks old Sony Vaio laptop?

I have found out that My Sony Vaio battery wears down at an alarming rate.The model VAio SVE14A15FN has a 6cell battery.In it's initial days,battery wear down was abt 4 % & 3 weeks later,it is shown as 8.54%.The tool used for identifying is the BatteryCare program.I am using Windows8 Pro & Battery checker utility of Vaio shows "this laptop doesn't support this battery & going into Hibernation mode".That's a known issue with Vaio & found a info by Sony to disable the ISB utility during start-up.

Via Sony Control center ,I have activated to stop charging at 80%[to reduce wear down] & it shows battery health is excellent.

Similarly Soluto also shows weardown is 8%.I have never seen wearing down so fast & my 1 year old Dell XPS 15z still has a wear down at less than 6%.

Could I anyone suggest I should actually contact Sony Service to replace the battery & is it possible?

*i.imgur.com/Q1phXrc.png

Attachments

• battery.PNG
    battery.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

nginx

In the zone
I don't think you should trust these software. They aren't always accurate. My 5 year old HP laptop's battery is almost dead and gives at most 10 sec runtime and still some of these softwares report battery health at 100%.

How much runtime are you getting on battery? If there's no serious degradation in runtime, there's nothing to worry about.

OP
P

pratheeshps

Journeyman
I don't think you should trust these software. They aren't always accurate. My 5 year old HP laptop's battery is almost dead and gives at most 10 sec runtime and still some of these softwares report battery health at 100%.

How much runtime are you getting on battery? If there's no serious degradation in runtime, there's nothing to worry about.

I don't find serious degradation in runtime [3.5 to 4 hours] & my PC is only 3 weeks old & the wear down upto this level is an alarming factor..

Battery care is trustworthy tool in my experience...Also checked with Nirsoft Battery Info viewer & Soluto,& all are producing the same results.

Caliberated a week ago & wear down was 7.34% & now 8.54%

Battery model is VGP-BPS26A & another interesting fact that battery rating labelled on my battery is 5300mAh..

Top Bottom