battery backup reduced!

iamharish15

Broken In
I have a lenovo Ideapad z560 laptop with configuratiom:
core i3-350M, 3GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, nVIDIA GeForce 310M graphics(512 MB). It is only 8 months old now and its battery back up has reduced to just 1 hour in normal usage. What can I try to increase its battery back up?

OP
iamharish15

iamharish15

Broken In
does the BIOS affect the battery run time? n if it does, then the BIOS upgrade could have solved the problem.

Anish

Spectre
hmm, it occurred to me dude... I have a thinkpad... Suddenly, my battery performance dropped.. it was when i upgraded my BIOS.. So i called them(customer care) they told to apply some hotfixes from microsoft. Then i read in some forums( cant remember sory) that some version of BIOS will report the battery capacity wrongly to the operating system. So, the operating system charges the battery to that level only (i.e., the battery is not used fully) .. So this may or may not be your problem... so call them..

Lenovo care: 18004252666

OP
iamharish15

iamharish15

Broken In
thanks! I will try this too! hope this works...

and friend I have heard about overheating problems in Ideapad z series and I'm experiencing it too! I have once get it serviced from lenovo service center, then it ran good for a month or so, but the problem is again getting undesirable. Is there anything too that I can try?

Anish

Spectre
But i didnt get such issues.. My thinkpad runs 24x7:razz:

See whether you blockade the vents and keep it on a table with enough space for the vents. :neutral:

and try a cooling pad

rahul_c

Journeyman
^It depends on battery and the configuration of laptop. Either its a 6-cell or 9-cell(rare), 6-cell generally lasts no more than 3 hrs whereas 9-cell may last upto 4~5 hrs. Battery life also reduces with time, my 2 yr old Dell Vostro use to give me 3 hr backup when it was new and now it hardly exceeds 1 and half hours.

Top Bottom