Battery Back up on my Note 2

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have Galaxy Note2 for almost an year now but off late I find that the battery drains out very fast. Earlier with average usage the battery used to last for atleast one full day. However off late I find that I have to charge it multiple times in a day to have it charged the whole day.

Could the problem be due to apps or could it be hardware problem. Are there any troubleshooting steps I can do to fix it.
I have hardly a month to go before it becomes a year since I bought it on my birthday last year. So I want to quickly rush to have this fixed before its one year warantee expires.

Appreciate your suggestions.

samudragupta

Youngling
install this app (no need to root) *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector and when the battery is about to die check the stats. It identifies all rogue apps with wake lock sessions.
In my case facebook app was killing the battery. I had to disable it and issue resolved...

Deadman

Journeyman
Look if there is any swelling in the battery. If it is then time to replace the battery as it may swell more and further decrease the backup.
Does your phone heats too much randomly? This are the signs of a faulty battery which shows its effect anytime.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Look if there is any swelling in the battery. If it is then time to replace the battery as it may swell more and further decrease the backup.
Does your phone heats too much randomly? This are the signs of a faulty battery which shows its effect anytime.

The problem has been solved. Thanks for your concern.

Top Bottom