Basic Sturdy PC required

Hi friends,

I got my PC.
Here are the details:

Intel i3 4130 7900.00
MB-ASROCK H81 HDS 3900.00 (any gigabyte MB with HDMI was not available)
Kingston Hyper X Blue 1600 mhz 4GB * 1 - 2790.00
Antec power supply 450w 1900.00 (300w was not available)
Antec X1 cabinet 2150.00
(antec power supply has short wires and cooler master 311 was not able to accommodate it)
WD Green 1 TB 3800.00 (Blue was not available)
HP DVD RW 1000.00 (ASUS was not available)
HDMI cable Dell 400.00 (Astrom was there, I did not took it)
Logitech wireless mouse 660.00

All the peripherals are purchased from Computer Empire, Nehru place. (Prices of cost to cost computers were little high after adding the 5% tax).

How is the motherboard and cabinet I have chosen?? (deviated from original config)..

RAM is too expensive. it should have been available for !2.4k. Also, can you confirm the model number of that PSU?

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Hello Harshil,

Let me check the model number and find. About RAM, I checked the prices in Cost to Cost and computer empire. You are right maybe they cheated me.

Anyway I got the system.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Hello Friends,
sorry for the late reply. I returned to my place just few hours ago.
I checked the PSU. it just says 450w antec. cant find a model number. did not come in box, but just in a plastic bag.

I also need a device to connect my desktop to wireless internet. I have a BSNL connection and modem installed. Max speed is 100kbps. I have to buy it online only.

Please suggest something durable and long lasting as my rig will be running 24*7.

Thank you.

quicky008

Technomancer
Hello Friends,
I checked the PSU. it just says 450w antec. cant find a model number. did not come in box, but just in a plastic bag.

I also need a device to connect my desktop to wireless internet. I have a BSNL connection and modem installed. Max speed is 100kbps. I have to buy it online only.

Please suggest something durable and long lasting as my rig will be running 24*7.

Thank you.

The model no. of your psu should be clearly indicated on its label-its a bit odd that your psu was given to you in a plastic bag instead of a regular cardboard box-usually even the really low cost generic psus are sold in boxes.Please check the model no. of your psu and post it here.On most psus,the labels are usually attached to their right side.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hello Friends,

Thank you.

was it antec vp450 or vp450p ? nothing written on it,at-least on psu itself?

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
sorry for the late reply friends. I opened the cabinet and checked again. There is no model number written on the PSU, just Antec 450W.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
sorry for the late reply friends. I opened the cabinet and checked again. There is no model number written on the PSU, just Antec 450W.

can you post a picture? there are no details of rail voltages? is it black in colour? i smell something suspicious here...

URPradhan

Journeyman
MB-ASROCK H81 HDS 3900.00 (any gigabyte MB with HDMI was not available)
I read a review about ASRock H81M-HDS and the reviewer was not happy with the out dated audio chip inside it (5.1 CH HD Audio Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec).

What do you say after using it ? Should I go for it? Or will buy a costlier/higher model of B85 chipset ?

Gigabyte India sales manager told me that the new H81 boards with HDMI ports are not coming to India in next couple of months !!!

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

Sorry for the late reply, got stuck with office work.

Well as promised here is the picture of my final setup. Thank you all for your suggestions.

004.JPG

@ URPradhan: i am not an expert in audio quality but to laymen like me, the sound sounds fine. So maybe you can go for the motherboard.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hello Friends,

Sorry for the late reply, got stuck with office work.

Well as promised here is the picture of my final setup. Thank you all for your suggestions.

View attachment 13623

@ URPradhan: i am not an expert in audio quality but to laymen like me, the sound sounds fine. So maybe you can go for the motherboard.

looks so nice and clean :)

Top Bottom