Basic Configuration for 12-13k

SijuS

Broken In
Need a very basic computer to be built for my dad. Usage is nothing heavy, but would appreciate a decent config for a hassle free future.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: MS Office, Browsing, Movies, Skype, Youtube.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 12-13k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Already have one, Windows 7.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Not needed, already have a HDD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: NO

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Optical Drive, Hard Drive.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a couple of weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Most probably by the assembler. If its delayed by 2 weeks then I'll do it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I'm open to online shops as well, so I'd appreciate if the online prices are included. Locally, I'd buy from Goa.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Nothing!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
intel pentium g2020 - 3.5k
gigabye ga-b75m-d3h - 4k
corsair value select 2gb ddr3 1333mhz ram - 1.2k
antec vp450p - 2.6k/antec bp300 - 1.8k
nzxt gamma - 2.5k

drck

WM guru
gigabye ga-b75m-d3h - 4k
nzxt gamma - 2.5k

unable to find such price now offline or online. kindly guide regarding price quotes

gigabye ga-b75m-d3h - 4k
nzxt gamma - 2.5k

unable to find such price now offline or online. kindly guide regarding price quotes

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
get the cheapest intel pentium processor(not older/lower than G620) you can find & no need to spend 2.5k on a cabinet for such a system.get any cheap/generic intex cabinet for ~600.

OP
S

SijuS

Broken In
Thanks rijinpk1 and whitestar_999.

I've decided to use my old cabinet itself, saving a few bucks in here.

I got a price locally for an i3 3220 processor with a H61M D2H motherboard for 12k. Is the motherboard decent enough or should I go for the one mentioned by you? What might be the difference between the two can you tell me?

Also, G2020+H61M D2H I'm getting for like 9k.

confuse

Broken In
Intel 2.9 GHz LGA1155 G2020 Processor ~ Rs. 4073

Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Motherboard Rs. 2950

Corsair DDR3 2 GB (1 x 2 GB) PC RAM (VS2GB1333D3) Rs. 1573

Get local circle or vip cabinet + smps =1300~1800

This config will be best for your purpose (Ans: MS Office, Browsing, Movies, Skype, Youtube.)

But if you want to add Graphics card for future use go with rijinpk1 config i mean get good PSU than local

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks rijinpk1 and whitestar_999. I've decided to use my old cabinet itself, saving a few bucks in here. I got a price locally for an i3 3220 processor with a H61M D2H motherboard for 12k. Is the motherboard decent enough or should I go for the one mentioned by you? What might be the difference between the two can you tell me? Also, G2020 H61M D2H I'm getting for like 9k.

no deal for pentium and h61 for 9k.opt for i3 and b75 chipset as suggested. b75 chipset has usb 3.0 ports,sata 3 6gbps and better build quality than h61;-)

OP
S

SijuS

Broken In
Okay, thanks for the response guys. Yes, the prices are high. I'll be looking at a couple more shops and then will check flipkart.

Thanks for the help again guys.

Top Bottom