Ballmer admits Vista not selling as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
NIGHTMARE said:
Thats what i was saying..nothing new, everything is forced, beacouse rich peoples wants more $$$, forced..

What forced? Not everyone is a gamer, not every one playes DX 10 games or requires a GPU based User Interface. I have said it many time, still saying again & again & again, if you are having no problems with XP SP2 then stick to it. No need to upgrade. Nothing is forced on you...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Can you upgrade to Vista directly from Windows 98 using the upgrade version? No!

So, it most likely won't be possible to upgrade from XP directly to Vienna. Am I right? (But I guess the upgrade cost of Vista combined with the upgrade cost of Vienna would amount to the cost of the full fledged version of Vienna anyway.)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Can you upgrade to Vista directly from Windows 98 using the upgrade version? No!

So, it most likely won't be possible to upgrade from XP directly to Vienna. Am I right? (But I guess the upgrade cost of Vista combined with the upgrade cost of Vienna would amount to the cost of the full fledged version of Vienna anyway.)

When was Windows 98 released? 1998, when is Vista released 2007. Also can u run Vista on a Pentium 2 (Windows 98 era hardware), well....this is not a valid justification of wrong upgradation

OP
NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Lets get back on topic, which is Vista

In business terms MS screwed up because if they actually did some thorough market research they would have seen that everyone is pretty much content with XP at the moment. They also would have learned that less than 50% of the market is STILL computer illiterate. Sure a lot of people know how to use windows but I doubt that all those people also know how to install a new OS or know which parts to upgrade in order to run VISTA smoothly.

Its this lack of research is why MS is messing up. someone or some group from MS are going to lose their jobs for this and rightfully so. MS is going to lose money for a little while and worse, they are going to have to reduce the prices of VISTA in order to convince the people to make the purchase. Good for us, but it hurts MS' profit margins.MS wont be making this mistake again...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
NIGHTMARE said:

In business terms MS screwed up because if they actually did some thorough market research they would have seen that everyone is pretty much content with XP at the moment. They also would have learned that less than 50% of the market is STILL computer illiterate. Sure a lot of people know how to use windows but I doubt that all those people also know how to install a new OS or know which parts to upgrade in order to run VISTA smoothly.

Its this lack of research is why MS is messing up. someone or some group from MS are going to lose their jobs for this and rightfully so. MS is going to lose money for a little while and worse, they are going to have to reduce the prices of VISTA in order to convince the people to make the purchase. Good for us, but it hurts MS' profit margins.MS wont be making this mistake again...

Bussiness do not upgrade unless they find a compelling reason. Convergys is still runing Windows 2000 in there training campus in Convergys Gurgaon.

Even my dad's office is runing Windows XP & will run for many years to come....MS isn't screwed. Bussiness paid for XP & they will get support for it.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
NIGHTMARE said:

MS hasnt made any mistake...It has taken them 6 long years to get Vista out,so it is justifiable about the prices according to them.MS is a company & its bosses want the company to be the richest all the time.There are many features as told by gx_saurav which are worth dying for.Many are hesitant because they are accustomed with XP...Same was the scenario when XP was released & nobody wanted to upgrade & after 2 years nobody even looked at 2000 or ME & it will happen again.Patience is the key & MS has done a good job by releasing 5-6 versions of Vista so users have the flexibility of installing whichever version they like unlike XP & according to me they have learnt a lot from Xp's mistakes.It was the first OS to be criticized heavily in all departments especially security.
And about the price obviously MS will have to reduce the price to attract a certain segment of people(like me..hehe) but that wont be in the near future.It will take around 2 yrs for prices to fall not before that I guess but they should see that they dont release Vienna very early otherwise it will hit their profits

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Like I said before, Business does not need to upgrade if they don't find the reason. I don't find any problem due to this for MS. It is the decision of business.

From my own point of view business usually run two or 3 application simultaneously anyway. They don't need anything beyond Vista Home basic (retail). Although they will go with Vista business edition which is purchased in bulks, which means lower total cost of purchase.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
rajasekharan said:
well, i am not moving to it until everything is smooth .., an sp1 should do the trick...:)till then its xp for me....:)

Stick to what u got, by that time there will be stable drivers for hardware too

P.S. - did u made that bot of your avtar

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Hey fellows...a dealer in SP road,Bangalore told me that Vista prices are dropping by April 15th by atleast 3K..can anyone confirm??

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
kirangp said:
Hey fellows...a dealer in SP road,Bangalore told me that Vista prices are dropping by April 15th by atleast 3K..can anyone confirm??

I don't think so.

rajasekharan

Youngling
@gx_saurav....i got some collection of small "avatars"...u need any????? :)
well, oops....i cant send you any ...am on my sweet GPRS, waiting for the reliance connection , which will happen on 27th or 28th...:), if u want some , u know where to look at ..."projectw"....thats were i got this from....look under the wallpaper, scripts section....:)

by the way...my next one will be made by me "exclusive"....:)

Last edited:
OP
NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Windows Vista... Pah, what a joke.

Yet another poorly designed, unfinished, and bug-ridden piece of M$ rubbish. I'll stick to Ubuntu and XP for now, thanks!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
NIGHTMARE said:
Windows Vista... Pah, what a joke.

Yet another poorly designed, unfinished, and bug-ridden piece of M$ rubbish. I'll stick to Ubuntu and XP for now, thanks!

I guess you don't have anything proper to say thats why bumping this thread like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom