Bajaj Pulsar 200 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

VD17

Journeyman
heh.. you know what.. i have seen so many pulsar brickbats (generally insecure honda owners) that i wouldnt be surprised if that mouthshut article was a fake... for all i can say, i might as well go to mouthshut.com and write that today i saw a bike XYZ have its engine fall off and the petrol tank burst into flames on a highway... lol
As regards bajaj R&D, i praise them.. to such an extent to forgive this mistake of theirs. In fact, its probably not even the R&D's fault.. suspensions are the OEM's responsibility... i bet bajaj is grilling them already...
We talked about bajaj R&D.. well.. lets see.. DTS-i (first 150cc bike in India which balanced power and mileage immaculately, before that we had CBZ which was miserable in mileage)... then they dictated how the market went.. they started giving alloy wheels.. look at everyone now... LED's, Digital Speedos, Gas suspensions...
It's apalling to see how people love to criticise bajaj at the first chance... they're a company from India who's making it big on its own efforts.. they're the company which challenged (and annihilated) HH's dominance... being a patriot, i'd defend bajaj.. atleast from the crappy japs (yamaha and honda) who have not yet come out with a single successful bike (in terms of sales).. yamaha doesnt know the words 150cc and honda seems to suffer from a sleep disorder which makes em wake up n give facelifts to their bikes months after the competition... (even now they did just a stickering job with borrowed alloys, graphics and styling)..
and we still throw stones at bajaj... way to go...

OP
prateek_san

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
dude Honda is not launching its big bikes becuz of customs charges...the prices of any bikes will be more than double ...so they r working on a new plant a Gurgaon...and we will see 250 CC twister bikes by the end of this yr.....dunno bout yamaha...btw im not trying throw stones at Bajaj....its just their quality of their products....i really loved the first DTSi which was rock solid bike but after that, its not the same scene now....btw atleast the crappy japs have good engines than ur Faithfull Indian Bajaj.....

Bajaj can do anything they want and no other person can point to them...but everyone can point to any company except bajaj.....whether they do some fault or no fault at all... see thats the problem u Bajaj fans have ur simply Blind when u see Bajaj launching any new things.....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
VD17 said:
i guess everyone mistakes.. reminds me of the Apple battery fiasco...
Correction: The Sony battery fiasco. :)

From the original "review":
The speed was also not too much it was only 45 kmph to 0 brake.
I wonder how this guy came to know that!

Sounds like a lame attempt to discredit Bajaj. And my Pulsar 150 (the older and lowest configured model) has fallen an uncountable number of times on all sorts of surfaces at all sorts of speeds but it looks and works fine. More importantly, it has never broken to pieces. I am hard pressed to remember ever having broken anything apart from the covers of the indicators.

Last edited:

knoughtyd

Broken In
Pulsar 200 are likely to be recalled by Bajaj Auto Ltd because front fork has a major design defect/ metal fatigue issues and a few bikes have collapsed...:p
Pulsar 200:Likely Recall of all bikes

cynosure

UbuntuUser
aryayush said:
Sounds like a lame attempt to discredit Bajaj. And my Pulsar 150 (the older and lowest configured model) has fallen an uncountable number of times on all sorts of surfaces at all sorts of speeds but it looks and works fine. More importantly, it has never broken to pieces. I am hard pressed to remember ever having broken anything apart from the covers of the indicators.

:D
I have 150DTS-i v2.2
Even I havent broke anything aprt the indicators.

But these days my bike is all screwed up. I think I got a defected model. Exhaust has been changed, Rear brakes dont work(bikes skiids like anything if I use them), Front brakes have lost the power, Rear tyre punctures every month, I dont feel confident enough to zoom my bike :(

Due to this rear wheel problem, I've slipped thrice but those bajaj showroom mechanics say " bhai sahab itne kaide brakes hai ki skid maar rahe hain, or kya chahiye???" bloody arseholes. Do they get training or something???

VD17

Journeyman
dursleyin said:
dude Honda is not launching its big bikes becuz of customs charges...the prices of any bikes will be more than double ...so they r working on a new plant a Gurgaon...and we will see 250 CC twister bikes by the end of this yr.....dunno bout yamaha...btw im not trying throw stones at Bajaj....its just their quality of their products....i really loved the first DTSi which was rock solid bike but after that, its not the same scene now....btw atleast the crappy japs have good engines than ur Faithfull Indian Bajaj.....
i was talking about unicorn.. they launched the updates miserably late... and regards the engine, we'll see now.. let the DTS-fi come...
Bajaj bikes are so popular that nearly every other person owns.. more the ownership, more problems are bound to be heard... i wonder if the problems you have heard of are from bikes which have even been serviced regularly...

Bajaj can do anything they want and no other person can point to them...but everyone can point to any company except bajaj.....whether they do some fault or no fault at all... see thats the problem u Bajaj fans have ur simply Blind when u see Bajaj launching any new things.....
when did i say that thing? i said i "forgive" them for this.. forgiving is to someone whom you acknowledge has made a mistake... interestingly, in the last 5 years.. nearly every new bike that bajaj has launched has ripped apart the sales...

OP
prateek_san

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
u want to speak about their quality ...did forget the silencers of the Discover and P150 v2 nearly all the ppl had to change their silencers within 4-6 months of buying the bikes........

VD17

Journeyman
dursleyin said:
u want to speak about their quality ...did forget the silencers of the Discover and P150 v2 nearly all the ppl had to change their silencers within 4-6 months of buying the bikes........

thats a lie...
many people had to change it.. thats because the adulteration in fuel in varanasi... remember how litres of water were taken out from ur bike? the bajaj engines burned that fuel too and the vapour caused the silencers too rust.. no one makes bikes to run on adulterated fuel... and by the way, its been 10 months since nish's discover... not a single speck of rust on it...

OP
prateek_san

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
arey dude nish bought way way way after those things were gone....talking with all bajaj fans is stupidity .... Mods plz delete this thread cuz some of members dont thing this thread is worth it.....i dont want to start any fights here.....

cynosure

UbuntuUser
dursleyin said:

I had to change my silencer too but I think this was coz I gave too much throttle at low gears. They said "jaali phat gayi".

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
cynosure said:
:D
I have 150DTS-i v2.2
Even I havent broke anything aprt the indicators.

But these days my bike is all screwed up. I think I got a defected model. Exhaust has been changed, Rear brakes dont work(bikes skiids like anything if I use them), Front brakes have lost the power, Rear tyre punctures every month, I dont feel confident enough to zoom my bike :(

Due to this rear wheel problem, I've slipped thrice but those bajaj showroom mechanics say " bhai sahab itne kaide brakes hai ki skid maar rahe hain, or kya chahiye???" bloody arseholes. Do they get training or something???
for rear brakes, if they lock too much (ur case), just loosen the "nut" a bit yourself man :D.

about front brakes, have you changed the brake oil/brake pads?

front brakes work perfect when the front fork works perfect:wink:, if the fork has become kinda spongy, then braking will not be as affective as it sholud be.

--------------------

@dursleyin, thanks dude for P-200 news, my cousin was going to buy a bike, now he has to re-think all over again :)),
dont you guys think Pulsar & Unicorn suffer from too much of rust problem?

my frnd has a Unicorn, the exhaust (bottom side) has become fully rusty & the down-tube (chassis) too, he even got some coating (before the rust issue) at Honda showroom, but to no use.

Last edited:

cynosure

UbuntuUser
s18000rpm said:
for rear brakes, if they lock too much (ur case), just loosen the "nut" a bit yourself man :D.

Ive already tried that (loose, tight, ive even changed that nut twice). But I dint notice any difference :(. The bike slips even if the nut is loose (or it is tight). I think there is some problem internally but I aint no mechanic and the mechanics cant figure out what the hell is wrong with my bike.

about front brakes, have you changed the brake oil/brake pads?

front brakes work perfect when the front fork works perfect:wink:, if the fork has become kinda spongy, then braking will not be as affective as it sholud be.

Changed the pads two months back and the oil is always completly filled (I dont do that, mechanic does :D).
Dont know much about the fork thing youre talking about. Is there any way to test the "sponginess" of the fork???
My bike is only 11K km old. Fork wont go bad before 20K I think.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
front fork->

if they travel (up & down :))) too much, then braking is a bit in-effective & ride just gets too frustrated, coz everytime you use the disk, then bike will rock forth & back tooo much.:D (like in splendour).

if you ride in the city (nice & flat roads), then the fork are good.

rear brakes->

how much free play does the brake lever has?

& take your bike to a local mechanic, give him a "hack-saw" blade & tell him to "scratch in" the brake pads (in angular way). those grooves should not be tooo deep, just a 0.5mm will do. & also tell him to clean the Brake Drum, seems like too much dust.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
I can guarantee that the forks are fine. I always ride my bike on the better side of the road.

And the "hack saw" blade thing. My local mechanic is genius:D:D:D (better than the bajaj guys). He has done that already but the problem still persists. And my brake shoes are gud and new, some couple of months old.

And free play is normal.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
aryayush said:

{Infinity}+1

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
cynosure said:
And the "hack saw" blade thing. My local mechanic is genius:D:D:D (better than the bajaj guys). He has done that already but the problem still persists. And my brake shoes are gud and new, some couple of months old.

And free play is normal.
hmm so you've done that too:D

does the lever stay a bit upward, i mean slightly higher than the foot rest.

if yes, tell you mech. dude to loosen the "nut" (near hub) & then lower the Lever. (it can be adjusted), while he does this, you tell him where you find the lever the most comfortable, for me its the most comfortable in bit downward stance. this way my feet is free & to get back on the brake is quicker, sorry i cant explain it with just words:(, no bike too:)). if you didnt get me, tell me, i'll upload some pics :)

do this (you can do this yourself too) & report back.:)

Kannan

In the zone
Hmm seems like I am returning to DIGIT after long time.

Ya I have heard some incident where the fork breaks and was shocked to see those pics.

Thats a bad output from Bajaj.

Waiting for 225CC but kinda confused to go for it or not with such bad news from various places.

Think travelling at 100K+ and suddenly u do a hard brake and see ur front head assmembly going toward the ground wow scarry to think and what if happens in real life !!??

I have been using my 2005 Pulsar DTS-i and the original rear brake pads never locked up my rear wheels.

But some months back I had changed them and since then my bikes keeps on skidding and had around 3 accidents where I had to replace my entire front headlight assembly.

But never anything broke or came apart except for light fitting :p

As far I have seen Pulsar is a sturdy and rugged bike but it depends on the frequency of servicing and maintanance.

Also there is an adjustment thingy in the rear wheel brake. Any body know how to properly set that so that I don't skid my mike.

Ok. First things first!

Bajaj Pulsar 200ccDTSi has problems with it's front fork which tends to just break under harsh braking conditions. Now, that doesn't mean that the whole bike is crap or that they are not concerned about safety and they put in cheap quality stuff!!

How many of you morons critizing Bajaj about this know about the R&D they have put into this bike and the 220? The answer is you don't!! Ask any 180CC owner who got his bike about 1 year ago and they will tell you about it!! I myself am a proud owner of a 180DTSi for over a 1.5 years now. And during the development period of the 200&220, did you know that Bajaj personally called up it's 180CC owners to several meetings to gather input from the existing 180 to improve the developing bikes. Now, that's called real feedback!! Everyone present were able to express their views on the pros and cons and what they would like to see and they wouldn't like to see in the forthcoming bikes.

Now, how in world would you know that unless you own a 180 yourself????

The point is Bajaj is the only Indian bike company that has put so much time and care in the R&D of a bike. And any product although released after years of R&D still might face unforseen problems. The example of problems with SONY batteries is the very proof for you and those of you who think that it was because Sony doesn't do R&D and are just interested in cheap products, then you need to get admitted in the nearest mental hospital ASAP!!

No other Indian bike has been in development for such a long time! And let me assure you that it's all Indian technology and not outsourced packaged shits like some Honda and Suzuki.

I'm not saying Honda and Suzuki are bad, but guys, they are all imported research, they have been in R&D for several years outside the country and not by all Indian crew and obviously you have to expect a foreign bike to be better!!

The very fact that Bajaj has been able to rival foreign favourites with it's 200&220 is the most important sign of maturity in R&D by Bajaj and not following the lame same old Indian principles which is being religiously followed by many other Indian automobile manufacturers.

Bajaj doesn't have a connection with foriegn manufacturers like most of the other companies do. Eg: Hero Honda = Indian Hero + Foreign Honda, Maruti Suzuki = Indian Maruthi + Foriegn Suzuki. So, these companies which has outsourced support coming up with something new isnt' a big deal. People drool over the Suzuki Swift thinking that it's something great done by maruti which unfortunately is not. It's an imported technology, product and knowledge which is clearly in the name 'Suzuki' swift. So, even if Honda comes out with it's new expected 250 which has already been in service around the globe for over 5 years, it's not something big which you can drool over if you know what I mean!!

The point is, we Indians are very quick to find out faults rather than understanding why it could have happened!!

And Secondly,

Stupid accidents caused by people who dont' know how to ride a bike cannot be blamed on a bike. When you go and hit something at 60Km/h, what do you expect a bike to do? Stay in one piece? If that is what you expect, then like I said, you need to get admitted in the nearest mental hospital ASAP!!

As far as the skidding while braking is concerned, the bikes that are in India so far, dont' have 'ABS', so your brain will need to act as the ABS control, first of all, don't tighten your back break nut so much, loosen it a bit so that, when you step on the pedal, it goes down a bit more and not hard.

As for those, who don't know how to apply the front and back breaks uniformly or in the required proportion, my advice is DON"T RIDE A BIKE TILL YOU KNOW IT!!! Because, if you do something, do it responsibly without hurting others! If you have a license, it doesnt' mean you can ride which ever way you feel like and cause havoc with others lives on the road! Drive responsibly, or don't till you learn to do so!

Sorry for such a long post :D :D :D

iamtheone

Journeyman
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
{Infinity}+1

{infinity}+2

pulsar is way way ahead of competition....u tell me neother bike in india which has got auto indicators other than pulsar??
and although i wud buy a karizma over a pulsar neday then too i believe that pulsar has far better engineering than karizma...i'll just buy a karizma coz i love the luks of this bike;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom