Bad sectors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

uday9484

Broken In
hi
my 250gb sata hdd has bad sectors around 1000 in c drive, through disk checking and formatting it can to 4 , from that its not cleaning up, i visited seagate site and got SeaTools for DOS from it and took its data to another hdd & erased the disk completely(took around 3-4hours)
installed Win 7 in it , after that when i was copying previus backup data to d drive , had power failure and pc turned off when it is copying and again found bad sectoers in d drive and again had to delete the partition , i had not tested it as of now
what my query is , is it wise to continue with or replace it

Sarvesh

Journeyman
First of all rerun Seagate tool Long test. It will replace and remap those bad sectors.

But before doing so - simply replace the "SATA cable" as well as "POWER connector cable" as they are responsible for frequent bad sector developments - I have solved lot of similar cases.

If you encounter frequent power failures in your area then it is better to have a UPS immediately instead of buying another hard disk and ruining it.

OP
U

uday9484

Broken In
First of all rerun Seagate tool Long test. It will replace and remap those bad sectors.

yaa i will rerun Seagate tool Long test , at present no bad sector in any drive and win 7 working fine.

But before doing so - simply replace the "SATA cable" as well as "POWER connector cable" as they are responsible for frequent bad sector developments - I have solved lot of similar cases.

iam hearing this first time is this work out

If you encounter frequent power failures in your area then it is better to have a UPS immediately instead of buying another hard disk and ruining it.

yaa i had ,it holds around 15min and power didn't came in time

Sarvesh

Journeyman
yaa i will rerun Seagate tool Long test , at present no bad sector in any drive and win 7 working fine.

Good !!

iam hearing this first time is this work out

We all hear new things for the first time till we re-encounter similar situation. Every few years we hear about a new OS Like win98, winMe, win2000, winXP, Vista, Windows7 and something new in the coming years - When I was using "Sinclair" I never knew that one day I will be using Intel PC. ;-)

yaa i had ,it holds around 15min and power didn't came in time

If you know it cannot go beyond 15mins - why not SHUT DOWN the PC before it is too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom