Bad News for Winamp lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
alib_i

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
the best feature of winamp 5 ( in my view )

the Jump/Enqueue feature ..
You can Enqueue a selected file in the playlist ..
such that it will play even with shuffle on
and this feature is also available in "Jump" dialogue box ( the one which comes on pressing J key)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i 4got 2 mention.....i have the Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition software which comes with a voice command software 4 WMP...i can control playback and other features by just giving voice commands...how cool is that????

CaptainRon

Right off the assembly line
global hot keys

fellas,
is there a player with the facility of Global Hot Keys out there?
if yes then winamp can RIP else it will rule for some time.

my MM Keyboard can function as global hot keys for WMP 10... hence i too dun use winamp these days...

WMP 10 is faster and more superior in some respect.

But yes... anyone who has worked with conversion of MP3 to RAW wave or WMA to RAW wave... will have known the superiority of winamp's disk writer plugin

Captain Ron
Over and Out

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hey anna and dex, tried the foobar special it rox but adding lotsa plugins mea ns hogging resources dunno much abt it but sys was hangin(btw testbed was p3 700 mhz and 128mb sd) a lot when i added lotsa plugins but now only equaliser its running fine. but no presets r a turn off. Tho its lite with the equaliser only. only thing i miss is skins. and yes dex my foobar is in my systray no need of it on my taskbar also. all in all i started to like it.

Sorry for my previous comments if it hurt any 1.

rohanbee

Padawan
I think we should petiotion aol to keep it going :x

Nobody should take winamp from us its the best and coolest thing for your desktop it looks good and it sounds good too......

Foo or whatever it is called looks quite dull...........

for me i guess looks are quite important ..............im being quite vane i know. But like i say

man lives on hope and hope sustains life............so lets not forget winamp yet.............u never know.

G

gxsaurav

Ya it is released, so it's like Winamp is dead, developement wise, but the bugs will be continued to be fixed, justlike AOL sadi already, the support for Winamp will continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom