Backup/Restore softwares installed in windows

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Hi,
Is there any software which will back up softwares installed in windows,so that i dont need to install all of the one by one.I was trying windows 10 ,now going back to win 7.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You can't do that. In windows softwares are installed by either a .exe installer file or .msi files. You would need these setup files to re-install softwares.

But in case you meant "data of softwares" then yes you maybe able to take the backup. Most settings are stored in Personalized folder for the user.
In Windows 7 it's C:\Users\<UserName> assuming windows is installed in C drive.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
You can't do that. In windows softwares are installed by either a .exe installer file or .msi files. You would need these setup files to re-install softwares.

But in case you meant "data of softwares" then yes you maybe able to take the backup. Most settings are stored in Personalized folder for the user.
In Windows 7 it's C:\Users\<UserName> assuming windows is installed in C drive.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
You can make a system image of fresh install of Windows with all software you need. You can later revert to this in time of requirement.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You can only get a repair image in order to repair the OS but if you have a customised OS then maybe you can get.

Wait for Windows 10 RTM. Its a mix of Windows7 + Windows 8.1.
Disadvantages:Customised OS are always full of bugs.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
You can make a system image of fresh install of Windows with all software you need. You can later revert to this in time of requirement.

thanks.can you tell me how

- - - Updated - - -

You can only get a repair image in order to repair the OS but if you have a customised OS then maybe you can get.

Wait for Windows 10 RTM. Its a mix of Windows7 + Windows 8.1.
Disadvantages:Customised OS are always full of bugs.
thank you

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Back up your programs, system settings, and files - Windows Help

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want to back up all the softwares installed in Windows 10, then restore them in Windows 7?

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
I use the Acronis True Image for taking disk image snap shot of my laptop.
Using the disc image of the freshlky installed OS on my laptop i can revert to it if something goes wrong in minutes. This has saved my neck more than a few times. :)
A Free alternative should be there for sure.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I use the Acronis True Image for taking disk image snap shot of my laptop.
Using the disc image of the freshlky installed OS on my laptop i can revert to it if something goes wrong in minutes. This has saved my neck more than a few times. :)
A Free alternative should be there for sure.

yes i have done that,but no option to restore installed win 10 softwares to win 7

Top Bottom